Something Leaking - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-12, 04:48 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Something Leaking

Noticed a clear patch on my driveway at the weekend. It's a clear liquid and smells like WD40'ish. About the size of a 50p coin. Front centre under the engine bay.

Any ideas what might be leaking?

In for a 60k mile service next Monday so will get them to check everything.
Jase007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-12, 02:55 PM   #2

aircon.................just condensation from the compressor i believe, mine does it as well
Gibbo likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-12, 04:08 PM   #3
Inactive User

I did think that but not used the air con since I have had the car (couple of months), only had climate control on full temp (not even on Auto).

Old 10-01-12, 05:20 PM   #4
jmkent

I can get quite a patch after the air con has been on.... size of a dinner plate in the summer.... right in the middle, but under drivers seat area - you can see it dripping down. Apparently totally normal according to the book.

Back to original post.... may look clear when on the floor, but unlikely to be if its has leaked from the car. Have you checked for any leaks of brake fluid or power steering fluid?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-12, 01:12 AM   #5
Inactive User

even if you dont use the auto aircon setting, it still migth be on. otherwise, if you have A/C Off displayed, then its definitely off.

although, aircon would generate lot more than just that small amount of water. check everything jmkent said and the coolant pipes and radiator, might be the coolant liquit with antifreeze. touch it, does it feel sticky or oily, or just like water?
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-12, 07:29 AM   #6
Inactive User

yes I am aware air con drips when used, but have defo not been using aircon. It's a clear liquid, feels and smells a bit oily.

It's going in on Monday for a service so will get them to check everything.
Old 16-01-12, 12:16 PM   #7
Inactive User

Had service and all fine, yippee. The leaking is not leaking, but as you say the air con compressor does drip condensation even when only using hot.
john_h and trem1 like this.
Old 14-03-12, 08:45 AM   #8
Inactive User

Hmm...I don't think this is the air con dripping.

I hadn't noticed but after a few weeks the patch on the drive is now the size of a sheet of A3 paper. (stained). So obviously built up after a few weeks. I didn't notice as I leave home and get home in the dark every day.

I does not smell, but is clear and a bit oily looking. Could be diesel perhaps leaking from the fuel pump or fuel filter?

No warning lights on and have never had any.

EDIT:

Just checked brake fluid levels, water, power steering level. All seem fine. Just had car running for 5 mins, can't see anything leaking/dripping. The engine undertray is covered in black gunge so perhaps a previous owner had a leak, which is not there now and the air con condensation dripping is dripping onto that and then dripping that gunk onto my driveway?

Last edited by Jase007; 14-03-12 at 09:10 AM.
Old 14-03-12, 02:17 PM   #9
Inactive User

Update:

Another close inspection and strong smell of diesel. Took engine top cover off and can see straight away one of the injectors is leaking.

Back to garage then next week as still under extended warranty.
Old 14-03-12, 02:47 PM   #10
Inactive User

Booked into garage of Friday. They inform me that the fuel injectors are no covered under the extended warranty I bought. Typical.

They will look and let me know.

If not, how much as I looking at for repair/replace of leaking injector please? May then have to shop around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in