Small color MFD not working with RD4? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-03-13, 11:07 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Small color MFD not working with RD4?

Hello,
I bought a P407 2.0 HDi from the year 2005 recently and it has a common problem - a bad MFD. I found and purchased a new color MFD (the small one with 12-pin connector) for P407 on eBay and asked a guy from the Czech Peugeot forum to configure it, but we did not succeeded. The display is accesible through both Planet and Diagbox softwares, it is possible to change the language of the display and to test the screen but every attempt for saving the user functions configuration (radio, parking assistant, etc.) ends up with an error in remote communication. I am not sure whether the problem is in compatibility (the car is from 2005 and the display from 2008) or in some "hidden trick" in the diagnostic software because we tried almost everething including disconnecting cars battery. The radio in the car is the RD4 without MP3 playback.
Would anybody be so kind to give me some advice, please? Thank you very much.

P.S. The MFD type is JCE-EMF C-C1M CEM1, SW 61.0

Last edited by Ondon; 20-03-13 at 10:18 AM.
Ondon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-13, 10:03 PM   #2
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ondon View Post
Hello,
I bought a P407 2.0 HDi from the year 2005 recently and it has a common problem - a bad MFD. I found and purchased a new color MFD (the small one with 12-pin connector) for P407 on eBay and asked a guy from the Czech Peugeot forum to configure it, but we did not succeeded. The display is accesible through both Planet and Diagbox softwares, it is possible to change the language of the display and to test the screen but every attempt for saving the user functions configuration (radio, parking assistant, etc.) ends up with an error in remote communication. I am not sure whether the problem is in compatibility (the car is from 2005 and the display from 2008) or in some "hidden trick" in the diagnostic software because we tried almost everething including disconnecting cars battery. The radio in the car is the RD4 without MP3 playback.
Would anybody be so kind to give me some advice, please? Thank you very much.

P.S. The MFD type is JCE-EMF C-C1M CEM1, SW 61.0
Hi mate where you buy this display ?? i need same displayw ith high SW to work with continetal bluettoth module

Regards
Lucas
blackangel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-13, 07:15 AM   #3
Inactive User

Hello,
I have got the display through german E-bay, but I would not recommend it. It is not possible to configure it by "chinese" tools, finally, member Ultramate from this forum was able to partially configure it (many thanks again), but the display is still not capable to show digital air-con, so I have no clue about the temperature settings nor the vent direction. Since I have not any handsfree module I dont know whether it supports it or not. I plan to sell the display, but perhaps to somebody in Czech rep. because there might be problems with configuration and sending a display back and forth across the Europe is rather expensive.

Old 04-06-13, 07:19 AM   #4
Inactive User

i can buy from you this display if you want sell or we can swap for display from 2012 (black/orange) full configured by me i also have pp2000 and lexia tool
(air con, bluetooth, parking sensors everything on)

Regards
Lucas
Old 04-06-13, 07:28 AM   #5
COLINELLIS

Lucas

How much would you want for the display if Ondon does not want it mine is an orange one and fades when warm.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-13, 07:29 AM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLINELLIS View Post
Lucas

How much would you want for the display if Ondon does not want it mine is an orange one and fades when warm.
one i have on ebay right now for 130, display is from citroen ds3 2011 year
i sell right now one from citroen c5 thats be cheaper only is already sold

Regards
Old 04-06-13, 07:30 AM   #7
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ondon View Post
Hello,
I have got the display through german E-bay, but I would not recommend it. It is not possible to configure it by "chinese" tools, finally, member Ultramate from this forum was able to partially configure it (many thanks again), but the display is still not capable to show digital air-con, so I have no clue about the temperature settings nor the vent direction. Since I have not any handsfree module I dont know whether it supports it or not. I plan to sell the display, but perhaps to somebody in Czech rep. because there might be problems with configuration and sending a display back and forth across the Europe is rather expensive.
Configure it using Citroen c5. Its a software issue.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-06-13, 07:32 AM   #8
COLINELLIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackangel View Post
one i have on ebay right now for 130, display is from citroen ds3 2011 year
i sell right now one from citroen c5 thats be cheaper only is already sold

Regards
Ok Cool I take it they are compatible with my 2005 407 then
Old 04-06-13, 07:33 AM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
Configure it using Citroen c5. Its a software issue.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
thats right is the only one way or citroen c6
Problem because user from this forum is ready try this, maybe older version lexia or newest version can try reprogram

anyway if you want sell i can buy from you

Regards
Old 04-06-13, 07:34 AM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLINELLIS View Post
Ok Cool I take it they are compatible with my 2005 407 then

Item number:

this one is from 2011

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in