RT4 Issues - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-03-17, 11:48 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default RT4 Issues

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone has had similar issues. recently I am unable to copy any CD's to the jukebox, it gets to the compression stage then says copy failed. this happens every time. This happens for MP3 discs also... Another issues is it seems to be stuck on the settings in a particular time, for example if I make a change to any setting, audio, radio feature, anything at all, when I turn the car off, and come back the next day the settings have reverted to what they where originally. This also happens with the automatic wipers. If I leave the stuck on auto, I have to select off and then reselect auto again to get them to work.

It is very strange and annoying as I cant get any cd's copied and also the radio keeps defaulting to a loud "radio 5 live" when I start the car.

Does anyone have any ideas?

tl;dr RT4 will not save any changed settings...
seanpcrowe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-03-17, 08:36 PM   #2

Which CF card did you go with in the end?
BiGK is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-03-17, 11:01 AM   #3
Inactive User

Just a further point. Last night before a jouney I put the clock forward an hour (daylight savings), I made a few changes to the maps (show near parking areas etc...) and also made some changes to radio presets and audio presets (bass, treble balance etc...) for the rest of the journey all was fine...

I come out this morning and all settings have reverted back to what they where. Driving me insane lol it is as if they are all stuck at a point in time.

They only thing I can thing of is when it got serviced a month ago, they guy said he switched of the tyre pressure alarm for me so it will not show up again. I wonder would this have had an effect?

Old 29-03-17, 11:03 AM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGK View Post
Which CF card did you go with in the end?
Hi BiGK,

I got a Kingston 32GB in the end as it was delivered the fastest. Do you think this would of had an effect on settings being stored? I couldn't see it but then I could be wrong.

I am thinking something when the tyre pressure alarm was turned off??? Again I could be wrong...

Not being able to store CD's is also a major gripe

It is quite perplexing...
Old 29-03-17, 12:04 PM   #5

I reckon it's the CF card, it's simply not writing anything! When you got the card, did you test the card out on your pc? I.e, by filling the card up with 30gb of data and seeing if it copied correctly?

Fake cards are basically around 2-8Gb etc but the firmware is hacked to make it appear as a 32gb card, so your computer "writes" the files but after the 2-8Gb the card comes with, all the data is corrupt and doesn't store any more.

It could just be the kingston card itself if it's genuine, it has gone faulty maybe, I had that with a Kingston MicroSD, card works perfectly but if writing to it, it sometimes has corruption issues.

Was there a write protection tab on the CF card or the adaptor?

It's why I recommended the Sandisk card from Amazon. I turned my parking sensors off (and did some other things) and all was fine for my car, plus that was a month ago, I assume issues like that would occur immediately

Last edited by BiGK; 29-03-17 at 12:17 PM.
Old 29-03-17, 07:41 PM   #6
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

This thread seems to have started half way through the story. I'm confused.

So it sounds like you've replaced the hard drive with a compact flash card. Did you clone the hard drive to the CF or re-install from scratch?

It really does sound like the CF isn't writable. Silly idea: does it have a write protect switch? Either on the card or on the adaptor?

As BiGK says, maybe worth checking that the CF card really is what it claims to be, but I'd be surprised if anything was up with it if it's a Kingston from a reputable supplier.
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-03-17, 12:42 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
I reckon it's the CF card, it's simply not writing anything! When you got the card, did you test the card out on your pc? I.e, by filling the card up with 30gb of data and seeing if it copied correctly?

Fake cards are basically around 2-8Gb etc but the firmware is hacked to make it appear as a 32gb card, so your computer "writes" the files but after the 2-8Gb the card comes with, all the data is corrupt and doesn't store any more.

It could just be the kingston card itself if it's genuine, it has gone faulty maybe, I had that with a Kingston MicroSD, card works perfectly but if writing to it, it sometimes has corruption issues.

Was there a write protection tab on the CF card or the adaptor?

It's why I recommended the Sandisk card from Amazon. I turned my parking sensors off (and did some other things) and all was fine for my car, plus that was a month ago, I assume issues like that would occur immediately
I can not remember checking the write protect tab on the CF card, however as I was able to clone to the CF Drive in the first place, I would assume that it was not write protected. I would doubt there is a write protect tab on the CF/IDE adapter itself although I could be wrong???

It makes sense that nothing is stored/storing at the minute that the CF Drive can not be written to however a couple of points come to mind. would the last position of the auto wipers really be stored on the CF Card and not in the car's ECU or somewhere else?

I will check at the weekend, reopen the RT4 up to see if the write protect tab and also to see if there is a setting on the CF/IDE adapter itself...

Strange that copying a CD takes 40 mins before it fails, you would assume that data is being written to the drive during that time before failure???
Old 30-03-17, 12:48 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwb View Post
This thread seems to have started half way through the story. I'm confused.

So it sounds like you've replaced the hard drive with a compact flash card. Did you clone the hard drive to the CF or re-install from scratch?

It really does sound like the CF isn't writable. Silly idea: does it have a write protect switch? Either on the card or on the adaptor?

As BiGK says, maybe worth checking that the CF card really is what it claims to be, but I'd be surprised if anything was up with it if it's a Kingston from a reputable supplier.
Hi, I cloned the Hard Drive to the CF Card which appeared to work fine. Yes half way through the story lol sorry, I done this about 4 or 5 weeks ago...

As I said I will double check the write protect tab...

Yeah it was a genuine Kingston in retail packaging, I would hope it is the real deal...

The only other thing I forgot to mention was the unit still sometimes (perhaps once a week) hangs on a black screen for 2-3 minutes before coming on, just like it did with the failing HDD before I replaced it. This is also very strange, It should not do that at all now. The other odd time when I first set of, making selections, from nav to climate etc there will be a pause, like a old laptop thrashing for 10, 20 seconds before becoming responsive again... again very strange...

I am hoping there is a write protect tab I have over looked... bar that I could be having to look at purchasing a new CF card and cloning from the current CF to the new one...
Old 30-03-17, 11:11 PM   #9

In regards to the auto wipers, in my 407, you have to switch on the automatic wipers but once on, it will remain in auto mode until you switch off the engine - possibly to avoid accidental wiping when washing the car or if the windscreen has loads of snow on it or something.

Something is definitely not normal though, did everything work perfectly initially and then these bugs just happened all of a sudden recently?

With fake cards, it's next to impossible to tell, the packaging will appear to be legitimate, as will the card itself but issues will be experienced, from reliability to outright lies about capacity. I am an ebay powerseller in electronics, I stay away from memory cards, profit margins are thin and fakes are soooo abundant, even sourcing in bulk gets difficult.

But from everything you have said, it's pointing to the CF Card, the adaptor itself or maybe the headunit.

Those moments when it launches with a black screen sometimes...I think that's a just a bug in the system, mine has done it (irritating!) once in the last 3 months. My system also crashed when it couldn't read a song from a CD... just straight up refused to do most functions or eject the disc!
Old 31-03-17, 02:35 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
In regards to the auto wipers, in my 407, you have to switch on the automatic wipers but once on, it will remain in auto mode until you switch off the engine - possibly to avoid accidental wiping when washing the car or if the windscreen has loads of snow on it or something.

Something is definitely not normal though, did everything work perfectly initially and then these bugs just happened all of a sudden recently?

With fake cards, it's next to impossible to tell, the packaging will appear to be legitimate, as will the card itself but issues will be experienced, from reliability to outright lies about capacity. I am an ebay powerseller in electronics, I stay away from memory cards, profit margins are thin and fakes are soooo abundant, even sourcing in bulk gets difficult.

But from everything you have said, it's pointing to the CF Card, the adaptor itself or maybe the headunit.

Those moments when it launches with a black screen sometimes...I think that's a just a bug in the system, mine has done it (irritating!) once in the last 3 months. My system also crashed when it couldn't read a song from a CD... just straight up refused to do most functions or eject the disc!
I am not sure if these issues started straight away after the CF Card install or shortly after, I have been away for a while in the mean time.

I will be taking the CF Card out tonight to see if I accidentally flipped the write protect switch when I was installing it. Does anyone know if the CF IDE Adapters also have a write protect tab?

thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in