RT4 and CD Multichanger. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-19, 04:30 AM   #1

Default RT4 and CD Multichanger.

When I got the car I didn't check if the multichanger had the cartridge in it. The seller had just said he had no CDs loaded and that is why I couldn't use it.

The head unit CD player works fine, but it would be nice to have more than one CD loaded. The clarion multichanger has power, pressing the eject button makes a noise anyway.

I did get an aux to 3.5mm jack lead, but plugging that into the back of the headunit makes no difference, selecting source only gives me the options of radio or CD (if one is loaded).

So is it possible that the multichanger needs adding again with BSI? why would it forget just because it was not used?

In theory then, if it was added, I should be able to use the aux to jack connector, or get a bluetooth aux connection even.

Do clarion use standard cassettes? I've seen some for sale in NZ but not sure if the part number is relevant seeing as my multichanger only says "Clarion 6 CD multichanger" on the front. (nevermind, just found it is a CAA397, which there appears to be none in NZ and they are expensive to post to NZ, guess I might have to bite the bullet).

Cheers

Last edited by krisby; 03-07-19 at 04:44 AM. Reason: found 1 answer
krisby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-19, 05:04 PM   #2

CD's are so 90's. The RT4 supports USB playback which is flawless and better
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-19, 07:54 PM   #3
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

RT4 will copy CDs to its jukebox, can play and copy MP3 CDs, and with a cable from French eBay you can add USB from which it can play and copy MP3s and load maps and speedcams too.

So the autochanger is pretty pointless.
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-19, 08:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGK View Post
CD's are so 90's. The RT4 supports USB playback which is flawless and better
well yes, that is the goal, but how if the multichanger isn't working and the aux port isn't working off the same plug?

My concern is whether the aux/multichanger needs reactivating.
Old 03-07-19, 08:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwb View Post
RT4 will copy CDs to its jukebox, can play and copy MP3 CDs, and with a cable from French eBay you can add USB from which it can play and copy MP3s and load maps and speedcams too.

So the autochanger is pretty pointless.
say what? my RT4 doesn't appear to have any of that compatibility. no jukebox for one, that I know of anyway. I have no idea how to add USB either, the only way I can see is if it was off the multichanger plug, but as I already said, that doesn't appear to be working and I can't test if that is just because I don't have a cartridge loaded, or if it needs enabling in BSI.

As an aux to jack plug didn't work, I am thinking it needs reactivating, although no idea why it would have forgotten it was there, its not like its Windows and forgets that my Graphics card is installed.
Old 11-08-19, 12:43 PM   #6

I'm in the same position - just bought a 2007 V6 petrol with RD4 (without satnav) to replace my old 2007 V6 Hdi which had RT3 together with the larger screen for the satnav.

There is no USB and the jukebox isn't happening. The menu icon for telephone and music is blurred out - although the blue tooth does work.

I found the RT3 with a sim slot and a big screen for the satnav far better than RD4. So I kept the RT3 head unit and screen when I scrapped the Hdi - hoping that I could do a simple switch into the new car. But I'm told it's not that simple.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear how you got on with solving your problem with the jukebox - did the BSI need setting or what?
hautemarnech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in