Reverse Battery terminals Problems and Solutions - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-03-19, 02:56 PM   #1
4di

Default Reverse Battery terminals Problems and Solutions

Hi all,

I recently bought a Peugeot 2.0 2007. Me and my wife Love it.
I bought a car battery and I replaced the old one. When I mount the battery none of us knew that I mounted the reversed terminals. The battery is new. The alternator starts to smoke. Then we realized the mistake... But that was to late. We go to the Mecanic, remove the alternator , changed the diode board and the stator. It was mounted after on the car.
Later on the OBD tester showed dozens of errors. BSI. Injection. Key with X on board.
I will change the Peugeot startup kit, that I suspect will solve the startup, injection and the X key. But I wonder what I can expect after that. What Other errors can I discover? What the next step?

LE: BSI is in the same unit with BCM or is the same, in the startup kit, or is onether module?

Last edited by 4di; 17-03-19 at 04:23 PM.
4di is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-03-19, 03:07 PM   #2

I dont know off the top of my head what the reverse-polarity protection is on these vehicles or the quality of such circuitry and hence how effective is it but with so much sensitive electronics on-board its probably the worst thing you could have done. That said, the ECU will have screamed at you to stop doing what you are doing but the protection should have done its job. You will have errors codes coming out of it like its on melt-down but they should eventually clear. If not, then you have done some damage, as to what damage..the worlds your oyster..
Pluggit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-03-19, 10:56 PM   #3

Put it on a diagnostic tester (Peugeot Planet is best) and clear all the codes. Then see what you are left with.
mooi1uk and 4di like this.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 18-03-19, 03:48 AM   #4
4di

After I first read the dozens of codes,I erase them and after that I read those again, I decide to replace the startup kit, because a few of them and important ones they still remain.
I will replace the computer, BSI and key contact, but should I replace the BCM ? Or is it integrated with the BSI or computer ?
Old 18-03-19, 08:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4di View Post
…. but should I replace the BCM ? Or is it integrated with the BSI or computer ?
To answer that question, we need the last eight digits of your VIN. There are 3 types of BSI, and it depends which one you have.
4di likes this.
Old 18-03-19, 05:31 PM   #6
4di

The VIN is VF36DRFJF21649106
Thank you so much.

If I buy a ecu cu the numbers the same as the original from one place and a BSI with the numbers the same as the originals, from another place can they work ?
If I find bouth I will buy them both from the same car, but in case I don't find can I buy them from different places and they work ? It is necessary that they learn my car ? The procedure is in PP2000?

Last edited by 4di; 18-03-19 at 05:39 PM.
Old 18-03-19, 06:46 PM   #7

Its not just the numbers on the ecu you would need to match you need to match the engine type too.

BEFORE you do that check ALL fuses including the big fuses UNDER the underbonnet fusebox

If you do buy an ecu set you need them all from the same vehicle as they are all matched and cannot be mixed
4di likes this.
Old 18-03-19, 08:38 PM   #8

OK, you have a "cross range BSI", which also means you do have a BCM. It's main role seems to be central locking control and stability control.
4di likes this.
Old 19-03-19, 05:22 AM   #9
4di

OK, so I have to find the exact ECU , BSI and key from the same car with the same numbers as mine...
I can not send link to the pictures they send me

After I change those, can I find something else that could prevent the car from starting ?

thank you much

Last edited by 4di; 19-03-19 at 05:44 AM.
Old 19-03-19, 09:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4di View Post
..I can not send link to the pictures they send me
https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...fore-pm-72601/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in