Retrofitting OE JBL Amp - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By maxxymilian

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-16, 06:06 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Retrofitting OE JBL Amp

Got the amp, speakers and bass speaker for a 407. Problem is as I have not removed them from the doner vehicle. I know that the amp is sited behind the glovebox, I have the mounting bracket , but can't work out how the amp is mounted.
Any pics or info would be appreciated
JohnnytheFox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-16, 03:23 PM   #2

As i remember its in the boot from the right hand side (now there is empty space for storage)

If you can document it I would really appreciate it since I have the same intention, only thing that is stopping me is that cables have to go thru whole car...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
neecola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-16, 06:06 PM   #3
Inactive User

That's the sub woofer speaker, the amp for the JBL system apparently resides behind the glovebox.

Old 13-10-16, 05:57 PM   #4
Inactive User

Done that... easy enough job. Just get as much wiring as you can get your hands on because i didn't have the wiring at all and made it from scratch.
It was a real pain in the a** The amp is behind the glovebox. The difference brtween the coupe/sedan and SW amps is the mounting bracket.
The bracket is mounted on three tenons behind the glovebox on the sedan. On the SW the mounting is different. The amps are interchangable although they have different part numbers and color of sticker.
The black connector is the input and power, the white is the amplified outputs. Look at the XLS file i made when making my harness. Just route the speaker cables through the amplifier and then back to the speakers.
Thats all. I have here all schematics and wire color codes. After everything is ready you have to enable JBL in Diagbox or Peugeot Planet to disable the built in amplifier of the headunit.
Not doing so will fry both your amp and headunit.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...DQ?usp=sharing

Last edited by maxxymilian; 13-10-16 at 06:30 PM.
maxxymilian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-10-16, 04:31 PM   #5
Inactive User

Thanks for the info
I see that your installation was in a left hand drive vehicle, in a right hand drive sedan/ saloon the fuse box is sited there ??
Old 14-10-16, 11:01 PM   #6

@ maxxymilian
"After everything is ready you have to enable JBL in Diagbox or Peugeot Planet to disable the built in amplifier of the headunit.
Not doing so will fry both your amp and headunit."
Could you expand on why this is so?
If you have to enable JBL after it's installed then how do you stop it.
ashdav is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-10-16, 06:21 AM   #7
Inactive User

Servicebox states only this place for the amp. I don't have access to a RHD vehicle to confirm. But you can install the amp on any apropriate spot as long as it is not cramped with wires so good cooling is provided.
If you enable JBL before you won't hear the speakers at all. You wiil hear wery quiet music on max volume settings and you won't be able to use your radio. I enabled before testing. So after wiring everything up - enable "JBL present" option. This puts the headunit output in preamp mode. I think it can be done on all RT3, RD4 and up units. If you don't do this you w'll be sending amplified signal to the amplifier - which will result in failure.
ashdav and JohnnytheFox like this.

Last edited by maxxymilian; 15-10-16 at 06:35 AM.
maxxymilian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in