Replace the original radio? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-18, 03:29 AM   #1

Default Replace the original radio?

Hi! I want to remove the factory radio and install the new Seicane android car stereo in my highlander. How do it? Is it difficult to install this?
David Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-06-18, 12:55 AM   #2

Default Replacing the original radio.

I recently installed a Pioneer AVH-2150bt in my 407, which is a 2-DIN head unit. It's a bit of a hassle with a little bit of cutting involved and having to make a new fascia for the dash. It's the same process with any 2-DIN units for the 407 - the radio is made for 1-DIN only really, but you can get pre-made fascia kits for 1-DIN in the 407 so it's all plug and play really.

I'd also recommend getting a Connect2 interface, which I've also got, which allows me to keep the display as well for climate controls and clock etc. Looks really sweet with the Pioneer unit, and as I didn't have AUX enabled on my RD4 (The original unit), just the CD-changer, it's a big step up and works well.

I can post later with pictures if you like, I'm just away at university right now but will be back in two weeks. I'd also recommend Elite Electronics if you live in Australia for a harness (I want to disconnect mine and replace it if I want, not a fan of soldering) and the connect2, as well as the aerial adaptor.
rorznz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-06-18, 12:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorznz View Post
I recently installed a Pioneer AVH-2150bt in my 407, which is a 2-DIN head unit. It's a bit of a hassle with a little bit of cutting involved and having to make a new fascia for the dash. It's the same process with any 2-DIN units for the 407 - the radio is made for 1-DIN only really, but you can get pre-made fascia kits for 1-DIN in the 407 so it's all plug and play really.

I'd also recommend getting a Connect2 interface, which I've also got, which allows me to keep the display as well for climate controls and clock etc. Looks really sweet with the Pioneer unit, and as I didn't have AUX enabled on my RD4 (The original unit), just the CD-changer, it's a big step up and works well.

I can post later with pictures if you like, I'm just away at university right now but will be back in two weeks. I'd also recommend Elite Electronics if you live in Australia for a harness (I want to disconnect mine and replace it if I want, not a fan of soldering) and the connect2, as well as the aerial adaptor.
Hey that's very interesting! I would like myself an upgrade because the previous owner installed an LCD for one climate zone when the car has two, needless to say turning on the A/C is 99% guesswork. Can you spare us some more knowledge? What is this "connect2" interface, is it really possible to keep all the functions and get a sweet sweet upgrade? This would deff bring my pug from 2004 to 2024
Calin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-18, 10:08 AM   #4

Default Andoird

I did try that...
And ended up with a new BSI.
I don't know what it did, but it royally [email protected]@ked the BSI.
So I opted for a RT4 - since the most important to me was nav and MP3 over USB.
If I got an RT5 I've gotten BT as well, but with a prepaid SIM in the radio, I got handsfree phone in the car.
fengen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in