Removing Trafficmaster SmartNav - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-14, 03:22 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Removing Trafficmaster SmartNav

Hello,

I bought a 407 last night and need to remove the Trafficmaster system it came with. It's not exactly a good looking thing and keeps displaying "Connection Error" although this is just a loose wire.

I want to remove the whole system completely and safely but not sure what other systems it may be connected to.

Thanks,

David.
Davie_440 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-14, 03:36 PM   #2

Never heard of it
Seriuosly tho, mine had this when i bought it a fortnight ago and i removed all i could find, mine was powered by a plug tucked under the glovebox which i isolated the trafficmaster side (cut) and left the plug there for use at a leter date.
the wires up to the arial and microphone (beside the mirror) which i found after cutting the wire, i just cut at trim level and poked them back in. I removed the radio to get to the wire that went to the switch (beside the steering wheel adjuster in my case) but it had already been disconnected in my case.
the speaker and the box with the simcard in had already been removed by the dealer i bought it from and was just in the glovebox.
Left the stupid arial in place for a day or so whilst pondering best way to remove it without needing a new screen ,but in the end just used the tip of a knife on the edge and twisted and it came awat easier than i thought. the gluey mess was easy enough to remove using a sharp blade to scrape it off and glass cleaner removed any residue.
Maybe take a couple of photo's and post them just in case yours is different to what mine was

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-14, 03:49 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trem1 View Post
Never heard of it
Seriuosly tho, mine had this when i bought it a fortnight ago and i removed all i could find, mine was powered by a plug tucked under the glovebox which i isolated the trafficmaster side (cut) and left the plug there for use at a leter date.
the wires up to the arial and microphone (beside the mirror) which i found after cutting the wire, i just cut at trim level and poked them back in. I removed the radio to get to the wire that went to the switch (beside the steering wheel adjuster in my case) but it had already been disconnected in my case.
the speaker and the box with the simcard in had already been removed by the dealer i bought it from and was just in the glovebox.
Left the stupid arial in place for a day or so whilst pondering best way to remove it without needing a new screen ,but in the end just used the tip of a knife on the edge and twisted and it came awat easier than i thought. the gluey mess was easy enough to remove using a sharp blade to scrape it off and glass cleaner removed any residue.
Maybe take a couple of photo's and post them just in case yours is different to what mine was
That sounds familiar. There is no cable to the steering. How is this controlled?

Old 03-09-14, 04:51 PM   #4

on mine there is (still) a tm button on the cowling slightly hidden by the lever that adjusts reach/rake of the steering column.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-14, 08:22 PM   #5
Inactive User

Had a look everywhere and there is no button. There is a whole load of gubbins in the passenger footwell with the control box detailing sim number etc. It seemed to work tonight very briefly and i got a compass.

I still don't understand it though, even with the TM button how do you put in routes etc. with the ancient blue / monochrome screen. Not that i'm too bothered as i'll probably take it all out at the weekend.
Old 05-09-14, 08:56 AM   #6
Inactive User

So. Got this removed last night after a lot of faffing about. However not completely.

I got all the gubbins out but there are thee (red, black and blue) wires connected into the fuse box. I wanted to just cut them but paranoia kicked in. Although i think i can just cut them and tape them up but will look unsightly. See picture:

I think i can just gently pull them out of the "host" wires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in