Removing the Rd4 and screen function - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-03-11, 08:45 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Removing the Rd4 and screen function

Hi all. I am thinking of changing the RD4 stereo in my 407 to an after market single din sat nav stereo with motorised screen. If I do that though, will I lose all on screen functionality such as climate control display, trip display (when stalk button pressed), error display messages, etc.??

Or will the screen cease to work without the peugeot stereo in place?

Any advice on this would be helpful as I would really like a built in sat nav and full ipod function. I don't want to go with the peugeot Rt4 sat nav as it is expensive and won't support the full ipod display that i want.
timanfiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-03-11, 04:15 PM   #2

you could in theory keep the central mfd, just move it up to above the airvents, i know of others who have fitted an aftermarket sat-nav where the mfd is and just moved the display up,there is a cowling available for this but dont have info to hand.I will look later when i'm on a proper pc not this crappy laptop
Neil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-11, 04:12 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trem1 View Post
you could in theory keep the central mfd, just move it up to above the airvents, i know of others who have fitted an aftermarket sat-nav where the mfd is and just moved the display up,there is a cowling available for this but dont have info to hand.I will look later when i'm on a proper pc not this crappy laptop
Neil
Thanks Neil, sorry it took me a while to respond. I have also seen this but I dont really want to do that if it can bve helped. I want to take out the stereo part and put aftermarket in there, leaving the screen display where it is. What I am unsure of is if the screen will continue to function without the RD4 unit in. Is is powered seperately or does the RD4 need to be there for the screen display to work? I just want the screen display for displaying time, climate control and trip computer details by using the stem controls. Does that make sense?

Old 03-05-11, 06:43 PM   #4

guessing here but i think without the RD4 headunit the display wouldnt work.
I could be wrong tho

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-06-11, 04:18 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trem1 View Post
guessing here but i think without the RD4 headunit the display wouldnt work.
I could be wrong tho
Thats what I thought, does anyone know for sure though? If not, guess i'll just have to take it out and see what happens.
Old 14-06-11, 06:51 PM   #6
jmkent

I don't think it will work if the radio is removed.... Betty mentioned having to remove the tyre pressure monitoring from the radio ecu the other day to me in order to stop the messages coming up on the screen, so to me logic would say that all the messages etc go through the radio.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in