Remote key compatibility 0523 and 0536 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-10-15, 03:31 PM   #1

Default Remote key compatibility 0523 and 0536

Hello guys, I've found on ebay a remote key with the circuit and all the right stuff, but here is my question,

The seller says is the:
Flip Remote Key 3 Button 433MHz ID46 Chip for Peugeot 407 408 FCCID:2012DJ7678 / 2012DJ7679 (FSK)

3 BUTTON remote set. 433Mhz, ID46 Electronic Chip inside. for Peugeot

0536 models Peugeot 307, Peugeot 407, Peugeot 308, Peugeot 408

I have the 0523, I was wondering if I upgrade, if both keys can coexist? Or if the old one gets cancelled or stop working.

Here is the details of the keys New Remote Key 3 Button 433MHz ID46 Chip for Peugeot 407 408 Fccid 2012DJ7678 | eBay

I only have one key and dealer charge a lot for a second one.

Thanks.
El_shaman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-10-15, 03:37 PM   #2

How i understand it is this

Older pre 2005 cars have a NON flip key

post 2005 cars have a flip type key as far as i understand it the remote locking circuitry changed so older cars cannot use newer keys and vice versa

The listing suggest they can be swapped but i doubt that is true.
Old 21-10-15, 04:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
How i understand it is this

Older pre 2005 cars have a NON flip key

post 2005 cars have a flip type key as far as i understand it the remote locking circuitry changed so older cars cannot use newer keys and vice versa

The listing suggest they can be swapped but i doubt that is true.
I have a 2007 407 and I have the old model, is a flip key but the 0523 key not the 0536 key.

But is a 3 button flip key.

Old 21-10-15, 05:18 PM   #4

old model 407 pre facelift but new model peugeot

I would expect all flip style keys to be interchangeable
Old 21-10-15, 06:06 PM   #5

Quote:
old model 407 pre facelift but new model peugeot

I would expect all flip style keys to be interchangeable
They are the same, I wondering when I program the new one, because it's talking about update software and everything else...

So my question is if both, the new chip 0536 and old chip 0523, or just are models of keys?
Old 21-10-15, 06:15 PM   #6

bear in mind they are from china and chinese translations to english can leave a lot to the imagination

If both are flip type i would expect them both to work and if your key works now it should still work after coding a new one provided you code all keys at same time.
Old 21-10-15, 06:21 PM   #7

Quote:
bear in mind they are from china and chinese translations to english can leave a lot to the imagination

If both are flip type i would expect them both to work and if your key works now it should still work after coding a new one provided you code all keys at same time.
That's my biggest worries at all, That's why I'm trying to look up from another country...I'm gonna call the dealer to check the part number...
Old 22-10-15, 06:02 AM   #8
Inactive User

I bought this one from ebay:
New Flip Remote Key Fob 3 Button 433MHz ID46 Chip for Peugeot 407 408 After 2005 | eBay

The seller said it would fit my 407 but i had my doubt, i programmed it in and it starts the car but the remote does not work and when i look att the key shell it states that its 434mhz i got a refund from seller.

I bought another one from UK it works and it works great, here is the one i bought:
Citroen C2 C3 C4 Picasso etc 3 Button Remote Alarm Flip Key Fob 433MHz ID46 K14 | eBay
Pug407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-10-15, 07:23 AM   #9
Inactive User

Please be aware though, that there are people out there who will try and sell you a fob circuit board which has already been programmed to another car, so cannot be programmed again.
I was that na´ve soul who bought one, discovered it could not be re-programmed, disputed with the seller, sent it back to him for a refund (not tracked as he refused to pay for postage), then he claimed he never received it back.
I asked him not to try and sell these to other buyers and he laughed, saying he'd sold hundreds.
Of course ebay decided in the seller's favour and removed the negative feedback I tried to leave.
Old 22-10-15, 12:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug407sw View Post
I bought this one from ebay:
New Flip Remote Key Fob 3 Button 433MHz ID46 Chip for Peugeot 407 408 After 2005 | eBay

The seller said it would fit my 407 but i had my doubt, i programmed it in and it starts the car but the remote does not work and when i look att the key shell it states that its 434mhz i got a refund from seller.

I bought another one from UK it works and it works great, here is the one i bought:
Citroen C2 C3 C4 Picasso etc 3 Button Remote Alarm Flip Key Fob 433MHz ID46 K14 | eBay
Thank you! mate, that one really looks nice, I contacted the seller he send me another link with this new key supposedly is the same as mine...but when I look the picture of the chip seems for two buttons not 3, yours look way better even though the battery is placed differently...But that is nothing...

Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in