Redex Diesel Treatment - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-11, 07:17 PM   #1
jmkent

Default Redex Diesel Treatment

Just what does the Redex diesel treatment do to the running of the car??

My 2.0HDI hasn't felt like its running right for a while, then read on here how someone switched from supermarket diesel to branded diesel and all was better for them, however branded is 4p/l more expensive than supermarket diesel here, so I continued to use supermarket diesel and put in the half a bottle of Redex diesel treatment I had in the shed. This was last night. Out today, and the car feels soooo different, a lot smoother and quieter for some reason, and extremely good on fuel - was full, now down to first mark, i.e. 7/8 left, and says I can do another 540 miles, this is on top of the 100 I've already done on this tank today.

Not sure if this Redex is really the best thing to use long term in the engine, but for a one off, it seems b****y brilliant!

Anyone else use it??
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-11, 07:23 PM   #2
Inactive User

i beleive redex removes the carbon build up in the engine "opening" th engine up...also i beleive it lubricates the fuel pump and what not. being very high octane it burns brilliantly in the engine also and improves emmisions slightly.

ive used 3 different types of fuel treatment so far...

redex
millers
wynns

i have to say, there is not much of a difference between them, they all do what it says on the tin. but personally i prefer millers as i use their engine oil also

john_h is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-11, 08:39 PM   #3
chopper1192

It's currently 2 a bottle in Tesco. I bought 10 of each flavour.

Old 03-07-11, 08:48 AM   #4
jmkent

Is it recommended to use it long-term in the HDI engines though?? Don't want to damage something in the process that ends up costing more in the long run!
Old 03-07-11, 09:18 AM   #5
Inactive User

Nosing around on this wonderful site, it seems a lot of people use it in order to deal with depollution faults. I'm guessing it helps burn off all that nasty ash stuff?

Must say, my wife noticed an improvement after I stuck a bottle in on half a tank of fuel (which is NOT what it says to do!) to deal with DPF issue - she said it ran nice and smooth.
darren407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-11, 12:08 PM   #6

Redex contains 'cleaners' to dissolve and burn off any cack accumulated on injectors etc. If you've a dodgy spray pattern, it will make the car run better - by better - I mean it will run as it should.

Millers does the same - but also includes a cetane improver - so Millers does wot redex does and more.
john_h and Gibbo like this.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-11, 01:03 PM   #7
chopper1192

The petrol stuff also cleans O2 sensors, and a bottle of redex saved me a few years back during the silicone-in-the-petrol affair, while everyone else was paying out big bucks for new O2 probes.
Old 04-07-11, 02:37 PM   #8

Supposed to be some cataclean stuff does the same thing to the o2 sensors, but others just say that a good hard runabout on the motorway for a while does just as good, something about getting the cat lit up, and blowing the crap off the o2 sensors.
Petrol only though I think.
myjess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-11, 02:38 PM   #9

I used Redex in my old Rover. I use millers now in the 407, cos it has that cetane booster, tho I can't think that I have ever noticed an improvement in power.
myjess is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-11, 04:50 PM   #10

Millers is currently 2 bottles for 20 at your local A1 Motor Spares shop.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in