Rear Glass Tailgate Issue (Newbee) - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CAB
  • 1 Post By pete407sw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-02-14, 01:12 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Rear Glass Tailgate Issue (Newbee)

Hi to everyone firstly !! Am a newbe here and looking for help
I have an issue that has developed on my 407 SW, Its with the Rear Glass Screen. It does not open with the Switch on the Rear Wiper, but does open with the Key Fob ?? Go figure ..... Was wondering if anyone has has this issue before and if you managed to fix it ...... Thank you in advance
iamthestig01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-02-14, 05:30 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hi, first things first, how old is the car? If it's newer than (I think) an 08 plate (ish, but check anyway) go into the on board computer (assuming the screen still works of course ) and make sure it's not locked in there. Don't ask me how to do it; my 54 plate car doesn't have that function and anyway, the glass works fine, just the rest of the tailgate still won't open

If you find nothing, take the switch out of the screen and check power is getting to it; report back and we can take it from there

Good luck, I hate these kind of problems, hence my sw still not having a working tailgate, which I can tell you is severely restricting, loading stuff through the back doors or shoving it through the cat flap
Sasha94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-02-14, 07:12 PM   #3
CAB

Common issue usually switch or wiring.

Trouble with sw I believe is wiring runs on the glass bit like the demister elements but they corrode and cause issues.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 27-02-14, 07:29 PM   #4
Inactive User

IIRC, the wiring tract is on the rear screen behind that black plastic cover and with use the solder breaks up and the glass stops opening. If your rear de-mister doesn't work that is a tell-tale sign as the two fixing points are next to each other and they earth to the screen but often break off, but I thought if that was the case, then it wouldn't work on the key either?

My money is on the switch or locking through the on-board compooter thingy
Sasha94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-02-14, 07:44 PM   #5
CAB

The corroded wiring issue usually keeps the bsi awake and flattens the battery.
There is an official pug modification.
Sasha94 likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-02-14, 02:23 PM   #6
Inactive User

Thanks guys appreciate the help, Car is a 2009 model. The Rear Demister does work !! I checked wiring and everything look okay no breakages at all ..... Where abouts is the rear lock on the on board computer ?? I have the smaller orange display not the colour screen effort. The Glass part of boot does open with key fob just not with switch, you can hear switch click when you press it !! Is it quite easy to replace switch ?? Has anybody every attempted ? Thanks guys again ....
Old 28-02-14, 07:23 PM   #7
Inactive User

Default rear tailgate glass

Hi iamthestig01,I have posted on this before I have a 2009 407sw and took switch out and found one of the wires broken so soldered in a new wire ok for a while then found the fault appeared it would open all by itself when wet so I disconnected altogether and just use the fob.It seems to give quite a bit of trouble if you search tailgate glass troubles you should find quite a few posts on this problem.Hope this helps you.pete407sw
iamthestig01 likes this.
pete407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-14, 10:15 PM   #8
Inactive User

Thanks for the help guys !! Think i'll just leave well alone and just use key fob Thanks for help again
Old 02-03-14, 02:20 AM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to Craigleather

I have had this very fault but my glass just kept opening all the time. couldnt be bothered with that at all so i disconnected it so it only works on the key fob which if im honest i would rather not have the function as i dont really need it! but its just better if you have it of the key fob, less problems then.

Cheers craig.
Craigleather is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-14, 07:46 PM   #10
Inactive User

Hi Stig, I have the same problem, I had a 55 and it worked fine so bought a 59 and only worked with fob. Spoke to a friend who has had his 60 plate from new and his has never worked from button on screen so what im saying is that we think peugeot have disabled this function as they were having so much trouble with screens constantly opening, I have posted other post on exact same subject and all getting same answer. I had wiring checked and it all worked but the screen still wont work with screen button so I have just resigned myself to using key fob. It isnt the way I would like it but can live with it
alistair4287 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in