Rear door not opening from the inside? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-04-11, 08:44 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Rear door not opening from the inside?

Like it says on the title. The door will not open from the inside, but will open OK from the outside. The other rear door opens fine. Its like the child lock is enabled, though clearly thats not the case if the other door opens is it? The inside handle on the affected door does not move as far as the one which works. If I trip the latch in the lock when the door is open, then when the handle is pulled, there is some signs of movement inside the lock, but the latch will not open until I pull the outside handle.

Anyone got any ideas? All other operations appear OK such as deadlocking the door manually.
derrybawn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-04-11, 09:09 PM   #2
Inactive User

Send a message via MSN to amir6662003 Send a message via Yahoo to amir6662003

each door has its own chid luck, so check the faulty door child luck as well.
amir6662003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-04-11, 09:26 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amir6662003 View Post
each door has its own chid luck, so check the faulty door child luck as well.
I was sort of hoping it might be somthing like this. Do you happen to know where these individual child locks are? I did not see it in the manual.

Old 19-04-11, 10:02 PM   #4
Super Moderator

If you open the door there'll be a plastic slot the end of the key goes into below the latch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-04-11, 10:15 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoxsi View Post
If you open the door there'll be a plastic slot the end of the key goes into below the latch.
Is that a black plastic lined hole just below the lower lock bolt beneath the latch in the door? If so, my manual says thats for manual locking of passanger doors & thats is indeed the function it performs. You just pop the key in & it trips a spring loaded button thing inside. After that, close the door & the car can't be opened from the outside.

Maybe there is another function it has that I'm missing? They don't appear to turn or anything. I had a Ford once which had child locks which could be disabled this way, so thats the first thing I looked at.
Old 19-04-11, 10:20 PM   #6
Inactive User

Send a message via MSN to amir6662003 Send a message via Yahoo to amir6662003

click on attachment,
check where is green arrow pointing, in the green circle.

good luck
Attached Thumbnails
407-door.jpg  
amir6662003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-04-11, 10:40 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amir6662003 View Post
click on attachment,
check where is green arrow pointing, in the green circle.

good luck
Thats the one I was looking at. Having played with it a bit, the door appears to be opening OK now some of the time. Every now and again it reverts to not being able to open from inside & I have to put the key in that hole to restore normal operation. I'll play with it some more tomorrow when I won't be annoying the locals.

Strange that there does not appear to be any mention of it in my manual though.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 21-04-11, 12:40 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrybawn View Post
Thats the one I was looking at. Having played with it a bit, the door appears to be opening OK now some of the time. Every now and again it reverts to not being able to open from inside & I have to put the key in that hole to restore normal operation. I'll play with it some more tomorrow when I won't be annoying the locals.

Strange that there does not appear to be any mention of it in my manual though.

Thanks for the help guys.

my Hyundai Santa Fe used to be a pain if some one pulled the handle when you unlocked the car with the fob ! it would have the result. Of not allowing the person inside out unless the outside handle was released you had to reset it by locking and unlocking again while chastising your child not to pull the handle for the umpteenth time
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in