rear door electrics repair - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-19, 12:28 PM   #1

Default rear door electrics repair

Hello all, been a while aint it. Finally got round to fixing the common fault of the tailgate glass not opening on the button but does with the key. Obviously the "track" in the back window has broken somewhere so i spliced a black speaker cable into the "blue" core at the plug/socket connection under the rear wiper cover. Then at the high level brake light end i cut off the female spade connector on the "blanc" terminal and refitted it with a new connector plus my new piece of speaker cable, stuck it down on the glass using some of my missus' double sided craft tape as close to the black edge as i could so it didnt interfere with the seal, tested it multiple times. Also found where the burning smell was coming from when i was doing 70mph...it was the back heater element and them coil things back there, the terminals had near burnt off, re-ended them - yet to do a regen run to see if the smell has gone, or used the back screen demister due to this lovely weather of late 😁 oh and mended the rattly high level brake light, hence the araldite glue under the mount post

pleased to say jobs a fish and now it works 👍🏻 yeah i couldve left it to work off the key but for me if sumots on a car and its not working then it should 😊 next up is the dreaded fuel flap filler, is it the cap or the sensor. Either way the eloys counter has been maxed (cars done 62k, wouldnt of thought its ran out already) So im gonna make that good, investigate the tank and reset the counter, then dare i say ive cleared all the faults with me 407sw, the worst was the DMF and clutch that had packed up and loosing the BSI, but ive done em both... gettin good on 407's now lol, i still love em though
Attached Thumbnails
img_20190803_122424_1564834955756.jpg   img_20190803_122354_1564834997923.jpg   img_20190803_122407_1564835173985.jpg   img_20190803_122445_1564835207767.jpg   img_20190803_122850_1564835281123.jpg  

Last edited by noddy-hol; 03-08-19 at 12:43 PM. Reason: swear words removed
Judderman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in