RD4 reprogramming - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-14, 01:38 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default RD4 reprogramming

Hi,

I am new to this forum and very new to trying to use the PP 2000 tool. The first thing I needed it for for to install an RD4 radio to replace the aftermarket unit that had been installed mainly to recover the trip computer functions etc.

The PP2000 seemed to communicate with the car ok and go through the functions to install the VIN code but the radio is still beeping at me. I don't have any instructions for the procedure and only went from the on screen prompts so I could be doing something stupid.

Can anyone help pleas?
navsail2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-14, 04:10 PM   #2
Inactive User

Further to my initial question, can anyone clarify the procedure please to program an RD4 radio. I was under the impression it involved using the diagnostic tool to program the VIN into it. I have been to 2 (Spanish) garages who tell me it involves getting codes from the manufacturer. Are they spinning me a line or am I being too simplistic?
Old 01-12-14, 09:04 PM   #3

All that should be required is to connect the RD4 then program the VIN number of the car. Enter the correct VIN for your car but don't forget to commit the change by pressing the correct F key - either f3 or f5 - can't remember which one from memory.

If you skip this step then the Vin number will not be programmed in the radio and it will continue to beep at you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-14, 09:42 AM   #4
Inactive User

Firstly thanks for getting back.

I don't seem to get an option to press f3 of f5 to save. I step through a series of screens that say various communicating messages and end up with one to confirm the VIN which is fine and so I confirm. I. Then seem to jump back to the original choice of radio functions with the radio still beeping.
Old 02-12-14, 10:45 AM   #5

Have you tried re-entering the VIN then see if you get the option to commit the change ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-14, 10:57 AM   #6
Inactive User

I tried that but it didn't seem to make a difference.

It does seem to do something strange which I suspect is not right.

After prompting me with the VIN or when I manually input it there is an almost subliminal next screen which I think says programming radio but it is very quick and jumps back to the radio choice menu.
Old 02-12-14, 04:05 PM   #7
Inactive User

Success!!!

With the lack of instructions I received with the product I was trying to program the radio in he Add Accessories section. Well it seemed logical to me!!

Complete success with programming the radio once I found the ECU section and your F5 suggestion then made complete sense!

Thanks again.
Old 03-12-14, 09:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by navsail2000 View Post
Success!!!

With the lack of instructions I received with the product I was trying to program the radio in he Add Accessories section. Well it seemed logical to me!!

Complete success with programming the radio once I found the ECU section and your F5 suggestion then made complete sense!

Thanks again.
well done thanks for letting everyone Know may help someone in future
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in