Problems with one side of the heater - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-12, 05:56 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Problems with one side of the heater

My 57 plate 2.0D 407 has developed a fault whereby the heater blows hot air on the passenger side but cold air comes out of the driver's side. The car has dual climate control but both are set to the maximum heat setting. Also, when I de-activate the dual control it makes no difference - both sides are still different temperatures. Help, I'm having to drive around with a blanket covering my legs and gloves on to keep warm!
Filtee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-12, 06:02 PM   #2

first welcome
second have you got any sort of warranty as this can be a very expensive fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-12, 07:27 PM   #3
Inactive User

Welcome to the forum and welcome to my world! My 407 has exactly the same problem and its very expensive to fix though it can be bodged afaik. The bodge will mean having to bodge again when its gets warmer though and then bodge it again to its originally bodged way when it gets cold again.

Great fun!
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-12, 07:44 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasteeno View Post
Welcome to the forum and welcome to my world! My 407 has exactly the same problem and its very expensive to fix though it can be bodged afaik. The bodge will mean having to bodge again when its gets warmer though and then bodge it again to its originally bodged way when it gets cold again.

Great fun!
Hey what's the bodge?? I have exactly the same problem, passenger side is fine my side is only blowing ambient air, on the cool side of lukewarm! Which isn't a massive problem but it gets right on my tits I assume the 'bodge' doesn't involve removing the dash (fingers crossed) please tell all

Gaz

Last edited by fhmboy; 12-01-12 at 09:12 PM. Reason: my atrocious spelling
fhmboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-12, 07:57 PM   #5
Inactive User

OMG - I don't want to hear this !
My previous car had this problem (Fiat Stilo) and one of the flap motor modules had sheared the drive. I repaired that but was frquently having to "re-train" the heater system. 407 has been OK so far. Is there a re-training arrangement? This basically puts the flaps and adjusters through full movement so that the computer will know when they are open and closed.

Fingers crossed...

I guess the bodge is to disconnect the flap module and adjust the drive gear manually by hand to get it set, then sticking blu-tack on to hold it in place ??

Last edited by leo_407; 12-01-12 at 07:59 PM.
leo_407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-12, 08:09 PM   #6

This is for Dual flaps as in Dual Heater Zone , if you have Mono Zones its more bad news -

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...-repair-16582/
fhmboy, leo_407 and Craigleather like this.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-12, 09:23 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyswollocks View Post
This is for Dual flaps as in Dual Heater Zone , if you have Mono Zones its more bad news -

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...-repair-16582/
looks like ive got a busy weekend thanks for the reply
fhmboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-12, 09:46 PM   #8
Inactive User

It's a quick simple job FHM.
Mine has gone again just beyond where I had the tube so I'll be looking for a better fix come summer.
For now it's a pull the radio and vent out n adjust to blow warm but not hot, n leave till I'm not gonna freeze or get soaked trying to fix it.
Old 13-01-12, 01:20 AM   #9
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl68s View Post
It's a quick simple job FHM.
Mine has gone again just beyond where I had the tube so I'll be looking for a better fix come summer.
For now it's a pull the radio and vent out n adjust to blow warm but not hot, n leave till I'm not gonna freeze or get soaked trying to fix it.
Hi!
I got peugeot 407 hdi executive 2006 and it has developed a problem in the heater. It works perfectly fine at the passengers side's all grills but it blows cold air at drivers side's all grills. I have just found out its pretty expensive so is there any one here who can help me out and guide me how can i fix it myself ? As i dont grade myself very good in fixing the problems in the car, i expect to be guided thoroughly and in simple words.
Regards
Jafri is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-01-12, 08:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafri View Post
Hi!
I got peugeot 407 hdi executive 2006 and it has developed a problem in the heater. It works perfectly fine at the passengers side's all grills but it blows cold air at drivers side's all grills. I have just found out its pretty expensive so is there any one here who can help me out and guide me how can i fix it myself ? As i dont grade myself very good in fixing the problems in the car, i expect to be guided thoroughly and in simple words.
Regards
Sorry if this sounds short but have you not read this thread from the start , if you had you wouldn`t be asking such a stupid question
jmkent and leo_407 like this.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in