Problem with my 407 may not have come to an end - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-12-11, 07:12 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Problem with my 407 may not have come to an end

After badgering from my mate, Ive had alook at the car today with hand held scanner and its showing 2 codes related to fuel leak/low pressure.
Stuck Plannet on and showes P0093 amd P0087.
Started at the filter and no pressure, lifted back seat and cover on pump and it dosnt run when ignition is on and pipes are off the filter.
Where is the fuse and relay for it please.
Advertisement

Old 01-01-12, 01:39 PM   #2
davidireland

There is no pump in the tank.
Remove the fuel rail pressure sensor and check it for dirt within it. Although there is a specific torque to refit it or it won't work correctly.
This problem could be pump related also.
If the fuel filter is not changed in ages, change it.
Check your diesel quality also.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-12, 05:00 PM   #3
Inactive User

Fuel filter changed 20,000 miles ago and not due for change yet (another 10,000 miles), but I may try a new one.
Have pressure to injectors but it seems very low when union is loosened. With Planet, referance value is about 300 bar when cranking and Im only getting about 32 bar.
From a bit of looking on internet, possibly pressure regulator/sensor, then the pump?
I take it that a pressure regulator and a pressure sensor are 2 different things, are they both on the pump or located elsewhere?

Last edited by bryan407sw; 01-01-12 at 06:21 PM.
bryan407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-12, 06:23 PM   #4
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan407sw View Post
filter changed 20,000 miles ago and not due for change yet, but I may try a new one.
Have pressure to injectors but it seems very low when union is loosened. With Planet, referance value is about 300 bar when cranking and Im only getting about 32 bar.
From a bit of looking on internet, possibly pressure regulator then the pump?
I take it that a pressure regulator and a pressure sensor are 2 different things, are they both on the pump or locsted elsewhere?
Thats one thing you're to never do, open the union on the injectors. Its massively dangerous. Plus the car won't start even if it was going ok with a union loose as it needs to build near 300bar to start. It can't build the pressure if theres a union open.
Best get someone who knows how to work on a common rail diesel engine safely to look at it. You're liable to get your seriously hurt by high pressure diesel.
Old 01-01-12, 06:44 PM   #5
Inactive User

We knew we wernt getting high pressure in the system, otherwise we wouldnt have tried it.
That's why I dont rearly want to have a go at this myself, just wanting to know the engine isnt blown.
codes show the following, P0087 - Diesel High Pressure Circuit, Pressure below reference value, P0093 - Diesel high pressure circuit, pressure below setting & pump filling flow setting too high.

Last edited by bryan407sw; 01-01-12 at 06:50 PM.
bryan407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-12, 06:50 PM   #6
davidireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan407sw View Post
We knew we wernt getting full pressurs in the system, otherwise we wouldnt have tried it.
That's why I dont rearly want to have a go at this myself, just wanting to know the engine isnt blown.
codes show the following, P0087 - Diesel High Pressure Circuit, Pressure below reference value, P0093 - Diesel high pressure circuit, pressure below setting & pump filling flow setting too high.
Have you taken a sample of the diesel in the tank?
Old 01-01-12, 08:07 PM   #7
Inactive User

no not yet. it was a tank full (80) and about 1/8 left, checked I didnt put petrol in
Old 01-01-12, 08:19 PM   #8
jmkent

Could have sucked in some dirt/sludge then if it got low like that, and perhaps partially blocked the fuel filter. Do you normally run it down to there, or is this a one off?
Old 01-01-12, 08:41 PM   #9
Inactive User

been running it till fuel light comes on for over 2 years b4 filling. As its only about 15 for filter, ill replace that Tuesday morning, or tomorrow if they are open.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in