Problem with my 1.6HDI come to an end - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-12-11, 05:21 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Problem with my 1.6HDI come to an end

resolved now, engine got noisey and stopped and wouldnt turn over any more.
Happened Friday night, however will turn over now but wont start.
Now on the lookout for another car, might consider a 2.0HDI 407 BUT NOT SURE!
Advertisement

Old 27-12-11, 03:40 PM   #2
jmkent

I see you've put it for sale as being blown... is this all since 'tinkering' with the EGR valve? Did you manage to get this sorted, or do you think it has contributed to the failure of the engine? Seems to be quite a sudden turn of events after you were progressing well with it over recent weeks.

Think I remember you saying its a taxi.... the 2.0HDI may not be the best car for this - they aren't too good on diesel around town
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-12-11, 04:19 PM   #3
Inactive User

no, never got to the bottom of it, and Im not spending any time stripping the engine. As they not suited as a Taxi im going to be looking at a car with no DPF or DMF.
We are required to bring cars on b4 they are 5 years old, so I should be able to find on 07/08 car without them.

Old 27-12-11, 04:32 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan407sw View Post
no, never got to the bottom of it, and Im not spending any time stripping the engine. As they not suited as a Taxi im going to be looking at a car with no DPF or DMF.
We are required to bring cars on b4 they are 5 years old, so I should be able to find on 07/08 car without them.
Think the zenith and x-line without DPF was like a limited edition for 05/06 don`t think they did any after that.

Could always get a qashqai diesel didnt fit dpf till 2010 and you will get about 50mpg around town .

Last edited by nige65; 27-12-11 at 04:35 PM.
nige65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-12-11, 06:47 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige65 View Post
Think the zenith and x-line without DPF was like a limited edition for 05/06 don`t think they did any after that.

Could always get a qashqai diesel didnt fit dpf till 2010 and you will get about 50mpg around town .
Only the x-line didnt have a dpf.

To the OP sorry to hear of your cars plight. I run a 1.6 HDi as a taxi too and have had many an issue with the car but keep plodding on with it as i refuse to drive a Mondano/Vectra. My cars got about a year left on it as here in Hull and a car can only be a taxi up to eight years old so ill be looking over the next year. Im currently thinking about a C5 though its basically a 407 in a different frock or im quite liking the Fiat Croma which you can pick up for next to nothing but thats basically a Vectra C. Apart from those two i really dont like anything else on the orad.
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-12-11, 08:30 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasteeno View Post

To the OP sorry to hear of your cars plight. I run a 1.6 HDi as a taxi too and have had many an issue with the car but keep plodding on with it as i refuse to drive a Mondano/Vectra. My cars got about a year left on it as here in Hull and a car can only be a taxi up to eight years old so ill be looking over the next year. Im currently thinking about a C5 though its basically a 407 in a different frock or im quite liking the Fiat Croma which you can pick up for next to nothing but thats basically a Vectra C. Apart from those two i really dont like anything else on the orad.
most taxi drivers round our way use skoda Octavia classics
Old 27-12-11, 09:26 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasteeno View Post

Sebasteeno thought you would have known the zenith dont have dpf ask Brian on 407owners hes got one deadmansfinger
Old 28-12-11, 12:08 AM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third time View Post
most taxi drivers round our way use skoda Octavia classics
Ive been using one the last 2 days, dont like them, they arnt a patch on the 407 for comfort and extras. They are built cheap, engine is noisy and interior is too plasticly.
I liked the 407, but cant get and early non DPF one as I need a 2007 or newer car now.
Old 28-12-11, 03:53 AM   #9
Inactive User

not been able to get to sleep tonight thinking about my options, do you think Im being too quick in binning the car, should I either get engine rebuilt or just drop another one in.
The car is paid for in August and Im able to use it as a Taxi until atleast March 2014, at which point I could get a 6 month extention.
Whats the cost of another engine or reconditioning mine based on worst case as far as damage goes, Im able to do the engine swap.
I might pull the head, sump and turbo to have a look, as I already have money invested in maintenance on things like clutch/DMF, cambelt ect.
I love the car, its nice to drive and comfortable, and its good on fuel.
I need to way up the cost verses spending another 5,000+ on another car.
I put a value of about 2,500 at the most on the car with 135,000 miles.
Thanks for you comments.

Last edited by bryan407sw; 28-12-11 at 04:41 AM.
bryan407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-12-11, 06:24 AM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan407sw View Post
not been able to get to sleep tonight thinking about my options, do you think Im being too quick in binning the car, should I either get engine rebuilt or just drop another one in.
The car is paid for in August and Im able to use it as a Taxi until atleast March 2014, at which point I could get a 6 month extention.
Whats the cost of another engine or reconditioning mine based on worst case as far as damage goes, Im able to do the engine swap.
I might pull the head, sump and turbo to have a look, as I already have money invested in maintenance on things like clutch/DMF, cambelt ect.
I love the car, its nice to drive and comfortable, and its good on fuel.
I need to way up the cost verses spending another 5,000+ on another car.
I put a value of about 2,500 at the most on the car with 135,000 miles.
Thanks for you comments.

Test drive a qashqai Tekna plenty of gadgets or n-tec

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...ai-pics-18530/

Last edited by nige65; 28-12-11 at 06:36 AM.
nige65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in