Peugeot planet live parameters - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eccles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-19, 06:06 PM   #1

Default Peugeot planet live parameters

Hi,

Just working my way round PP. And seeing readings for the same thing: actual, reference and repeat. Or words to those effect.

What do these mean please?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
rodduz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-19, 06:19 PM   #2
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

Reference is what the ECU wants the value to be and actual is what it actually is.
E.g., the ECU thinks that a certain volume of air should be coming in through the MAF and it compares this to the actual value and then decides if it wants to do something such as move the air doser or recycle more or less exhaust.

Repeat applies to actuators that move. For example the ECU requests the EGR value to open and the EGR reports it's actual position back to the ECU and if they're different then the ECU might decide to sent Aunty Pollution to visit you.
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-19, 06:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwb View Post
Reference is what the ECU wants the value to be and actual is what it actually is.

E.g., the ECU thinks that a certain volume of air should be coming in through the MAF and it compares this to the actual value and then decides if it wants to do something such as move the air doser or recycle more or less exhaust.

Repeat applies to actuators that move. For example the ECU requests the EGR value to open and the EGR reports it's actual position back to the ECU and if they're different then the ECU might decide to sent Aunty Pollution to visit you.
Thanks for that. Makes sense.

Got a permanent MAF low pressure felt and an intermittent low pressure turbo fault so looking at values to see what's up...

Cheers

Old 04-06-19, 09:55 PM   #4

My money's on the MAF being the cause, which sometimes throws up boost faults. Clear the faults, unplug the MAF and go for a drive. It should drive a bit better.
Eccles is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-19, 09:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
My money's on the MAF being the cause, which sometimes throws up boost faults. Clear the faults, unplug the MAF and go for a drive. It should drive a bit better.
I'll do that in the morning.

Not sure if a result of the MAF being faulty or not but the turbo is playing up. Late to boost and the boost seems to come in and out when it's on the boost. Strange! I'm guessing more issues than one

Old 05-06-19, 09:04 AM   #6

Disconnected MAF sensor and drove home from work like that. All symptoms gone. No layers boost. No hesitancy whilst on the boost! So it's the MAF that's a goner

Old 05-06-19, 09:33 AM   #7

Good to hear. Don't be tempted to get a cheap replacement MAF, they often don't last long. I got mine from eurocarcare.net for about £60. Had exactly the same symptoms as you. Put the new one on and it like a new car! Increase in fuel economy of about 10MPG too.
rodduz likes this.
Eccles is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-19, 09:57 AM   #8

Looking forward to getting them 10mpgs back! Cherrs!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in