Peugeot 407 hdi sportpack rt3 problem - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rwb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-05-18, 02:26 PM   #1

Default Peugeot 407 hdi sportpack rt3 problem

Hi, can anyone help? I have a 2007 407 hdi sportpack model, the problem is my radio doesn’t come on, especially when the weather is cold out, if it a nice hot day radio comes on straight away, when cold radio usually has to reset itself twice before it decides to work, even then it may not come on, my odometer is showing in kilometres but when radio decides to work it switches to miles, bin told it could be a relay? But no idea which 1? Can anyone help please, it’s so annoying............
dmgamg7174 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-05-18, 08:30 PM   #2
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

2007? That's more likely to be an RT4 (menu items in a circle) than an RT3 (menu items in two rows).

If it is an RT4 then it's possible that the hard drive is dying.
trem1 likes this.
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-05-18, 08:50 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply, yes sorry it’s an rt4, never thought of the hard drive, are they easy to change? Or is there an alternative replacement.. thanks dave

Old 15-05-18, 07:29 PM   #4
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

It's a 2.5" IDE drive and people usually replace them with a compact flash card with IDE adapter.

If you're lucky you might be able to clone the existing drive onto the new drive
https://clonezilla.org/

Then you have to re-install the software. This is what I used.
CD_RT4-5_SW_8.31.7z (415,11 MB) - uploaded.net

It seemed to take a few goes to get the unit to start the install -- which was terrifying -- but eventually it did it. You have to sit there with the engine running so that it doesn't go into economy mode.

The installer will format the drive. It uses 4 partitions of fixed sizes, so any extra space isn't usable. You need a 32GB card.

After installation you need PP2k to reconfigure the default installation to the options present in the car -- single/dual zone climate, etc.

Then you'll need maps
GB-Ireland.7z (251,45 MB) - uploaded.net

and speed cameras
rt4-sc-2018-03.ZIP (3,11 MB) - uploaded.net
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-18, 09:13 PM   #5

Hi again, I’m still having problems with my hard drive, I’ve managed to download everything off it onto another hard drive, but when I put it back in my radio nothing happens, I just get the Peugeot logo on my screen, nothing works, I’ve got the latest software update, I put cd in but again nothing happens, now cd stuck In radio, no idea what to do? Is there any way I can buy an IDE hard drive with info already on it that I can just plug in?

Thanks

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in