Peugeot 407 Coupe Dead battery - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-19, 12:08 PM   #1

Default Peugeot 407 Coupe Dead battery

Hi Everyone ,

I bet this is for 1000N times , but lets have it one more time.
My Peugeot 407 Coupe battery died last night (for unknown reasons i left the light indicator on )

Anyway 407 Coupe is hard to deal model when the battery is dead.
Boot is locked and you have no access to the battery , no physical button to open it either.
I cant jump start it in front , tried to find ground and power where to connect both wires from jump start battery ... and none of the places i tried worked so i cant jump start it at all

So the million $ question is how to open the back , or where to connect the bloody jump cables in front so i can power it up ?

Dummy , but for obvious reasons still actual question

note: Yeah , imobilizer triggers alarm when i unlock with keys since no power , but somehow there is some power for the alarm ...no idea , when i open my door to access the switch and open the front lid .. bam alarm triggers. If i lock the doors back and wait , the alarm stops. I'm not sure when i open and unlock the lid , and if i connect the cables to the magical place (which i don't know) what will happen with the alarm and with the locking overall ?

Thanks for all your time and help
Wish ya all nice weekend

Last edited by thefanfx; 06-04-19 at 12:46 PM. Reason: few more details
thefanfx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-19, 10:29 AM   #2

Default ha

such an "amazing community" ... well done mates 0 answers after half week

if you think my query is dumb ... maybe you should think again... you know ...

1. 407 Coupe have no second battery in front
2. Have no unlocking mechanics on the back side except the key fob when have power
3. Yes there is a red small plastic with + on it , but the ground so far worked nowhere on the engine , the chassis or anywhere i tried to connect the blue wire , so no you cant powerjump it if you cant power it !
4. Im not a circus actor to be able to go inside the boot and do gymnastics due health reasons im unable no need to explain , and no need to think about such solutions like its stone age.

So where is the problem ? No one knows how to jump start it ?
No one knows anything ? Or everyone is just .... as****hat

Thank you
My first and last post here . ,moving on , im calling Peugeot service

Have a nice one fellas
Old 08-04-19, 11:58 AM   #3

Might not help but just a thought, could you not bump start the car to get the power running to get into the boot? Would think it'd work even with a flat battery
Kirito_UK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-19, 04:27 PM   #4

Answers from my FB page

If the battery is in the boot, there is a red terminal under the bonnet underneath a long plastic red cover. The black lead goes on a large nut just by the top of the radiator. Hope this helps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-19, 07:28 PM   #5

Earth goes on ANY metal part chassis or engine positive you can put on large terminal on edge of fusebox this will give power to systems then you can unlock/open boot.

With an attitude like that your better off leaving !!!!
terry57 likes this.
Old 08-04-19, 07:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito_UK View Post
Might not help but just a thought, could you not bump start the car to get the power running to get into the boot? Would think it'd work even with a flat battery
You need power to bump start a car you CANNOT bump start without power.

407 coupe so most likely auto anyway !
Old 08-04-19, 08:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefanfx View Post
such an "amazing community" ... well done mates 0 answers after half week

if you think my query is dumb ... maybe you should think again... you know ...

1. 407 Coupe have no second battery in front
2. Have no unlocking mechanics on the back side except the key fob when have power
3. Yes there is a red small plastic with + on it , but the ground so far worked nowhere on the engine , the chassis or anywhere i tried to connect the blue wire , so no you cant powerjump it if you cant power it !
4. Im not a circus actor to be able to go inside the boot and do gymnastics due health reasons im unable no need to explain , and no need to think about such solutions like its stone age.

So where is the problem ? No one knows how to jump start it ?
No one knows anything ? Or everyone is just .... as****hat

Thank you
My first and last post here . ,moving on , im calling Peugeot service

Have a nice one fellas
Just as well we find out your true colours now and not later. This is a community.... we help each other. It's a give and take. Seems like you just want to take, take, take and give nothing back in return but abuse.

In your first post, you couldn't even be bothered to tell us which engine you have... because yes we are mind readers so will magically know what you have.

Now I am going out on a limb here and assume it's the 2.7 HDi. The best way to fix your problem would be a bump start off a high cliff.

To everyone else, NEVER use the engine as a ground, engines do not have grounding straps as it once used to and can cause engine electric problems later down the line. Bump starting again should never be done, engine won't start unless all the ECU's are talking to each other and initialised. This won't happen normally. Best ground to use is the battery. Failing that, a nice chassis ground like the bolt mentioned.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-19, 08:35 PM   #8

Dont agree with that 1 as the engine needs LOTS of power to start it is ALWAYS earthed to the body and the battery if it was not the starter would not work ! putting the negative on the battery means more load on the earth between engine/body/battery earthing directly to engine is best way to jump start any car.

Today we were waking a long sleeping transit and it needed 2 vehicles to get the starter turning fast enough 1 was connected to the battery 1 connected to the engine was not turning fast enough without both.
Old 09-04-19, 11:18 AM   #9

Default OKey

To @trem1 Thank you mate , short but very useful tip
to @BiGK chill out mate , take take ? what are you counting its not apples , you help if you want to and never look back for return...this is what helping means ... nobody counts take against give ... at least not ....u know
to @reliable406 YES , this is the idea to open the boot , and yes you cant bump start or whatever with no battery

No power bank , no second battery or nuke power plant will be enough to start 407 Coupe 2.7 with cables in front ... power will never be enough no matter where you connect plus and ground .. not enough for one full circle of the starter , but after i managed to find where the actual ground is , then the boot was not a issue

All solved , the big bolt on radiator which is near the red cover with + ++ on it, its not enough power to start the car , but just enough to power up the boot and key fob did the rest.

I called 2 Peugeot service shops , both suggested to find the small battery in front ) THERE IS NO SUCH ONE .... imagine this .... official shops ...hehe

And here took quite a while before someone to suggest solution

So 1 beer for trem1

Thanks , i do appreciate it , i really do
Wish you amazing week
Chat soon

Last edited by thefanfx; 09-04-19 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-04-19, 01:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Dont agree with that 1 as the engine needs LOTS of power to start it is ALWAYS earthed to the body and the battery if it was not the starter would not work ! putting the negative on the battery means more load on the earth between engine/body/battery earthing directly to engine is best way to jump start any car.

Today we were waking a long sleeping transit and it needed 2 vehicles to get the starter turning fast enough 1 was connected to the battery 1 connected to the engine was not turning fast enough without both.
I agree most manufactures now tell you to use positive terminal and a good earth point on the engine and do not provide easy access to the negative terminal. It's often highlighted in the handbook as the correct way to jump start the vehicle

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in