peugeot 407 2011 2.0 hdi running problems after engine change - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-10-15, 02:56 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default peugeot 407 2011 2.0 hdi running problems after engine change

hello thanks for taking the time to read this. i am having a headache with my peugeot 407 2011 2.o hdi 136 bhp rhf engine code. the cambelt snapped on my original engine so i found another engine wasnt cheap it came complete so i put it in my car started it up would not tick over would run if you keep your foot on the accelerator it was pooring white smoke out of the back and knocking like mad. thought that it might have been the injectors and pump so i changed them for the ones that were on my engine i changed all sensors and the fuel pressure rail made no difference. i have had it plugged in and it is coming back with the fault codes p1166, p1207, p2033 and p1210 the codes were cleared and the only 2 hard codes are p2033 and p1210. i no that the p1210 code is fuel pressure regulator sensor open circuit but i have changed that sensor i really am at a loss with this car now and any help would be much appreciated thanks for reading

Last edited by Peterj88; 27-10-15 at 03:00 PM.
Peterj88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-10-15, 06:10 PM   #2

You would have been cheaper and better to fix your old engine as it would only have needed new rockers and a belt set.

Sensor open circuit means its the WIRING to the sensor most likely causing the issue not the sensor itself !

You need live data readings to check for fuel pressure signals etc fault codes dont help much.
Old 27-10-15, 07:26 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default thanks

thanks for the reply i used the wiring loom that was on my engine what live data do i need to get sorry the man that came out to do the diagnostics said that the fuel pressure was low when starting but once it was running it was correct

Old 27-10-15, 09:32 PM   #4

Just because you used your old loom does not mean its not a wiring issue.

Low pressure when starting would point to a leak somewhere in the system sometimes these are so tiny you cannot see them

Which egr valve have you used as these need to be set up if its not programmed in to your ecu it will cause smoking and roughness its not coded just needs the limits programmed in especially if its a euro5 type engine.
Old 27-10-15, 10:38 PM   #5
Inactive User

Come to think of it that's one of the only things I didn't change is the egr valve I will try that and look for small leaks and post back how I got on thanks for the help and quick response
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in