Peugeot Forums banner

permanent regeneration?

7K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Ian432 
#1 ·
HI, after sorting the 'hiccups' I've noticed that the state of regen in Diagbox is always 'regeneration'. It remains the same if the soot is 2% or 75%. The car is a 2.0l hdi 136 2006, all actuators have been checked in diag. The exhaust pressure diff goes from 0 mbar idle to 26 at 2000 on the road. the fuel mpg is good, mainly motorway at 75mph gives 53mpg.
Any ideas gratefully received.
Cheers

#4 ·
My data was incorrect.

On my old filter which was "fully working", the differential pressure was 4mbar and 6mbar when pretty full of soot on idle. A brand new DPF (maybe 2 miles of driving on it) was 2mbar on idle.

On the brand new DPF -

4th Gear, Wide Open Throttle at 4500rpm (~115mph) it was 130mbar. EGT was 550c

6th Gear, Partial Throttle/flat road at 1800rpm (60mph) it was 20mbar. EGT was 200c

So that's some data for you to compare to yours... your DPF substrate might be cracked internally or the pressure sensor faulty, I doubt you would see anything just by looking though.

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the comparisons, mine sits at 0 on idle, irrespective of soot levels. Goes up 25 mbar possibly 30 under moderate acceleration then returns to 0 when the speed has levelled out at say 50mph, so something not right there. Just looked underneath for any obvious damage, all OK. I take it the two steel pipes that disappear up into the engine compartment connect to the sensor that works everything out. Would you happen to know where this is please and if there is a method of testing. It's just gone through a French CT on the new regs so I don't think the DPF has been played with, also the previous owner isn't the type.
Thanks for your help so far.

#9 ·
Thanks for the info. Looks like I need to check the pipes going to the sensor and the sensor itself, after that FAP off if necessary. Can't disturb any thing this week 'cause I need to take my daughter to Uni. Something for when I get back.
Thanks again

#10 ·
What are the values of the distance since last and distance between last two regens?

Should be about 400km between the last two.

What is the current soot load?

What sort of temperature does the exhaust get to? Should be at most about 250 normally but over 400 during a regen.

#11 ·
I've seen the Particle Emission Filter Load go upto 170% on mine on the old DPF, as long as it doesn't exceed 200%, you are fine (according to PP) Even at that level, on idle, it was 6mbar.

Difference in pressure between particulate emission filter input/output depends mostly on your RPM and then the turbo pressure. Your engine is essentially a pump, so the higher the revs the higher the difference in pressure... with the turbo cramming more air in. That's how I got to 130mbar even with a brand new empty DPF.

If you follow the metal pipes, there is a little black box... costs about £30 for a new one. It has to be that or the cracked internals as discussed before. As it's made out of a ceramic, a hard hit... or even the cycling of heat/cold can break it :thumb:

#12 ·
Thanks BIGK, sorry for the late reply, been back to Blighty. so didn't want to touch anything before the journey. It now regens perfectly, the average kms between the last 5 regens is about 588kms. Though still showing permanent regen? I will check the pipes, and I've been told I can check the sensor by blowing into it and the mbar diff should show on Diag. I will also check to see it the pipes are restricted, again by blowing. It may be a 'knackered' DPF but it flew through the CT on the new regs. Also a previous (not the last) may have played with it?
On another note, how do I get emails to tell me someone has responded? I don't want to seem ignorant.
Thanks

#14 ·
I'm finding this an enlightening thread, thanks all, particularly the comparing of data.
I did have a problem with not regenerating but it appears to have, near enough, sorted itself out.
The idiosyncrasy in mine is the soot load remaining constant at 64% both according to FAP and Lexia.
807 2.0hdi136PS 07plate, if that makes any sense ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.