Passenger side a pillar - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-07-19, 05:43 PM   #1

Default Passenger side a pillar

Hi guys.

Just fitting my dash cam and want the wires behind the a pillar as cant really tuck it down the windscreen side as not enough room.for the 2 wires.

I've tried to pop it off and it seems stuck to the headliner? Also there is a wire already behind there and what looks like some sort of fabric ribbon that's white and doesnt look like a wire.

Any easy way to remove this thing so I can get my wires behind it.
Any help would be great as I have a rear camera and front camera wires to hide. Ran the rear down the scuttle panels. Worked a treat now I'm stuck at the a pillar.

Recommendations would be great thanks.
DavidB236 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-07-19, 08:33 PM   #2
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

I didn't have any trouble running a wire down the passenger side A-pillar.

I tool off the black trim, then the main beige trim would pry away far enough to tuck my wire behind it.
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-07-19, 08:49 PM   #3

I managed to unclip the top part. That helped me push the wire behind the pillar. And behind the interlocking part at the top. Which after a little bit I released it wasnt stuck together.

I have an issue at the bottom where the pillar meets the dash. The 2 wires. Power to front and rear cable i cant get behind the pillar and down through the dash.
Bad picture but hopefully someone can help figure out how to get the wires pushed in properly so rubber sits like it should.

One thing way I fed the rear wire along the bottom of car I ended up with about 40cm spare from a 6m wire lol.
Attached Thumbnails
img-20190730-wa0018_1564519729255.jpg  

Old 31-07-19, 10:09 AM   #4

Don't feed it from the windscreen side. Remove the door seal and go in from there. There is a little plastic triangle on the dash, remove that and the wire pops into there. Nice and simple.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-07-19, 10:12 AM   #5

It isnt from the windscreen side. It's from the door side and I have it going into the triangle on the end of the dash I just cant get that bit tucked behind the very bottom of the a pillar and the seal wont come off and I didnt want to pull too hard incase I snap something. U have no car tools apart from what come with the nextbase kit.
Civic a pillars were so much easier to remove.

It took penetrating oil and 20 minutes before the guy could get my wiper arms off to redo my windscreen. The car has rarely been apart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in