Particle filter urgent message and depollution system message - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bettyswollocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-07-11, 10:28 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Particle filter urgent message and depollution system message

Please can someone tell me what is going on with my car it is displaying the following messages Urgent particle filter and depollution system problems. I've done a search on here but i can't decode the lingo into terms i can understand not being mechanically minded at all.
Can anyone please help.
Rachael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-07-11, 10:55 PM   #2

Your car has a large filter in the exhaust , it cleans itself when you do a long run on the motorway but gets blocked quickly if you only do short runs , there is a tank of fluid under the car as well that helps the cleaning process,

this fluid runs out between 80,000 to 120,000 miles , the filter blocks and you have a couple of options ,

1, clean filter yourself , refill fluid and with diagnostics reset fluid counters (around 60 -100)

2, remove filter and remap car (around 300)

3,bring to Peugeot who will do number 1 above and screw the life out of you.( around (600- 800)
Tomm likes this.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-07-11, 11:31 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hi thankyou very much really appreciate your help. Do you know where i can get the fluid i need and how much do i need. Thanks again.

Old 20-07-11, 11:33 PM   #4
Inactive User

Also how should the filter be cleaned? i don't know where it is either
thankyou.
Old 21-07-11, 12:01 AM   #5
CAB

Firstly get fault codes read click on peugeot planet map in betty's posts to find someone near you who can do this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-07-11, 11:32 AM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyswollocks View Post
Your car has a large filter in the exhaust , it cleans itself when you do a long run on the motorway but gets blocked quickly if you only do short runs , there is a tank of fluid under the car as well that helps the cleaning process,

this fluid runs out between 80,000 to 120,000 miles , the filter blocks and you have a couple of options ,

1, clean filter yourself , refill fluid and with diagnostics reset fluid counters (around 60 -100)

2, remove filter and remap car (around 300)

3,bring to Peugeot who will do number 1 above and screw the life out of you.( around (600- 800)
Option 2 is the technically the only permanent fix, as arguably the option 1 and option 2 lend themselves to it happening again, depending on how long you own the car for.

But as betty says, those are your options.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
philkerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 26-07-11, 01:12 PM   #7
Inactive User

Default Re mapping

Hi does anyone know of re mapping actually working to correct the problem i have with the 407 to turn the warning light out for the particle filter. I have been told that i can have the FAP removed and the car re mapped. Is the FAP the catalyst. If so surely it won't pass an MOT? Thanks.
Old 26-07-11, 01:46 PM   #8
Inactive User

That depends on your location. Also some CAT/FAPs are a sealed unit, others are not, like mine. I removed the FAP, then I removed the CAT, I'm glad I did.

Here in the UK for diesels we only have a smoke test, you will pass on the first acceleration if you come in at 1.5m-1 smoke density, if it doesn't then 3.0m-1 (for Turbocharged engines) is all that is required for a pass.

There is no legal requirement for a CAT on Petrols or Diesels, the legal requirement comes from meeting the emissions standards... a petrol is highly unlikely to do this without it's CAT so you could say removing the CAT is illegal. Diesels remain unaffected, my car still barely smokes having a complete straight through system.

Just be clear, I don't work in the legal system, this is entirely based off the research I've done in the UK.

Phil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
philkerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in