P1351 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-01-19, 01:48 PM   #1

Default P1351

I have a 2008 Pug 407SW diesel estate, done 86K

I have my battery replaced a few weeks ago by the AA under warranty and ever since I have had an engine fault come up

I finally found my planet software and ran some diags

its a P1351 which I cleared but it continually comes back

The car starts and runs perfectly, there is no obvious fault. Drove from Bilbao to Marbella with no problems whatsoever.

But I would like to clear the fault, somehow changing the battery upset something.

I think I have uploaded some pictures, all the faults have gone except P1351.

any guesses as to where I should be looking??
Attached Thumbnails
peugeot-fault-1.jpg   peugeot-fault-2.jpg   peugeot-fault-3.jpg   peugeot-fault-4.jpg  
daveymcman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-01-19, 02:00 PM   #2

Hi using the 'search' function ;https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...-relay-151138/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007.. 407swgt...2018..3008 1.6 thp gt line auto...owned most models since 1985...phew..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
noddy-hol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-01-19, 04:29 PM   #3

Default p1351

thank you noddy-hol I have read the post many times, unfortunately it has no useful information. It says planet will tell me the problem

I have planet and it does not tell me the problem

or more likely it can, but I do not know where to go

hopelessone says "Ahhh, Check this picture, its the relay right not the glow plugs?"

There is not picture!!!! In most post people refer to non existent pictures which does not help.

Still need help thank you

Old 18-01-19, 04:54 PM   #4

How about this..post 8...https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums.../p1351-332588/

2007.. 407swgt...2018..3008 1.6 thp gt line auto...owned most models since 1985...phew..
noddy-hol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-01-19, 07:00 PM   #5

Check the battery terminals and leads there should be a slave cable to the glow plug relay which may have been dislodged when battery was changed or its the normal bogus fault.

What is the P-code for the second fault

Do you have your egr blocked off or blanked as flow to high is often related to this but should not log a code
Old 19-01-19, 02:54 PM   #6

Default p1351

thank you Noddy-hol yes I have read that post and I do not see how it applies

I have planet 2000, have read the error code and it says "preheating relay circuit, relay controlled and spark plugs not supplied"

what a ridiculous statement. " relay controlled and spark plugs not supplied"

so maybe "preheating relay circuit"

But it starts fine, and I understand the fault will only appear after if more than one of the glow plugs is faulty. So if two are faulty would it not impact the starting.

It starts and runs perfectly from cold. the little glow plug icon comes on for about 2 seconds when the key is turned then goes out, If I forget to wait before starting the car when it is cold the car delays the starter motor until the little light goes out anyway.

Still should I just replace the relay
Old 19-01-19, 03:03 PM   #7

thank you windy1603 that is a great idea, the fault only occurred a immediately after the battery was replaced. I will check and get back

I have no second fault, I cleared all faults and the only one that comes back is P1351, or is there somewhere else in planet 2000 I should look for a fault?

you ask

"do you have your egr blocked off or blanked as flow to high is often related to this but should not log a code"

I am afraid I do not understand but I googled and egr means exhaust gas re-circulation and apparently

"The computer opens or closes the EGR as load, speed and temperature dictate in order to maintain the proper cylinder head temperature"

The fault light comes on within a couple of seconds of starting from cold

IMPORTANTLY ( or maybe not ) it does not come on if I turn the key to on without starting the engine, wait 5 seconds, turn it off the then immediately start the car

I wonder what that means

But even without generating the error code, the cruise control has not worked since the battery was replaced, some how it must be related ( perhaps I should have started with the??)
Old 19-01-19, 03:31 PM   #8

Did the AA follow the correct procedure for battery disconnection/reconnection as outlined here?

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums...e-rule-293106/

1.6THP GTLine EAT6 Leather+Grip+ACC+O&G+Smart Boot
mooi1uk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-01-19, 03:33 PM   #9
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

That's the glow plug fault, isn't it?

Everbody seems to have it!

I had it in 2013. I got new glow plugs and it went. Now it's back, so I'm saving up for new glow plugs again.

Some people insist very angrily that the car doesn't need glow plugs to start. It certainly seems that the car will start if the glow plugs are duff. However, the car always runs the glow plugs both before and after starting unless the coolant is warm (exact parameters are somewhere on this forum). The glow plug light on the dash only comes on to ask you to wait if it is very cold.
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-01-19, 03:44 PM   #10

Try not to get too bogged down in fault codes, even when they are pointing to a problem they tend to get there flagging up unnecessary codes along the way. At the moment you have one of the simplest to explain fault codes present. A straight battery swap shouldnt have disturbed anything so keep it simple. The P1351 is a Glow-plug fault error but even after plugs have been changed, this error has a bad habit of coming back even when the fault has been cured: its a software glich. Saying that though, I was in this situation some months ago. I pulled the plugs one by one and tested them to find one open-circuit and another very high resistance. I thought the high one might be ok but the 1351 came up again so the tolerances are quite low as far as the ecu is concerned. Changed the other and the code has now gone. As did mine, yours does indeed seem to be coming back for a reason so check the caps on the plug electrodes : are they loose/disconnected. After that suspect a bad plug. It may be breaking down now you have a good battery voltage and plenty of currant for them to draw.
Pluggit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in