P0495 Fan circuit - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-07-14, 11:19 PM   #1

Default P0495 Fan circuit

Hi Guys,
More help please!
407 HDI 2.0 140 9L026003 180k ish miles
Recently had the above code which all pointed to the fan.
The story so far.
Stripped out the fan system, tested the large feed to relay, 12v. Bridged the 2 large terminals in relay, fan didn't work. Took fan out and connected 2 wires direct from battery to 2 large terminals on fan motor, nothing. There are 2 other smaller terminals but not sure what they are, I assume they are switch wires. So...it all pointed to the fan. Bit the bullet & had to get a genuine unit, fitted last night and the fan doesn't seem to want to kick in when the gauge is indicating 90, I would have thought it should have done by then. Any idea what temp it should cut in?
Recently bought Diagbox from Easydiagnostics & and a lappy to put it on, not to familiar with the full operation just yet, only collected it tonight, but with the assistance of the techy guy who installed it all for me we went into the system and tested the fan & it spun up ok. There are other relevant codes popped up;
P0692 Fan high speed
P0694 Fan low speed
P1671

The air con isn't fully charged, so that would probably be why the fan won't kick in when air con is switched on, that's a job for the next few days.
In this weather doing 1000/1200 ish a week I am keen to keep the engine cooler than it is running at the moment.
I suppose what i'm asking is what tells the fan to kick in.
I wonder if the old fan worked and whether I spent 330 just as a joke!
Any ideas as to what it can be please?

Thanks.

Will.
willcrebbin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-14, 07:31 AM   #2
Ginger Magic

Hi Will - the chances are your old fan was goosed if you connected it directly to the battery and it still didn't spin...

There are 2 relays which control the fan, one for low speed and one for high speed - ( I think ) and these can be activated with Diagbox to check they work.

I'm not sure about the 407, but the 406 has the relays near the front grill where they can corrode and fail...

Maybe you had a broken fan with dodgy relays..
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-14, 10:31 AM   #3

Default P0495 Fan circuit

Thanks for that.
As far as I know there is only one relay, which came with the fan, as a part of the loom.
Don't know where to go from here.
willcrebbin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in