p0299 - flow too low - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-01-17, 05:07 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default p0299 - flow too low

Hi, Have 2005 Peugeot 407 1.6 here. Had a lot of work done to it in the year I have had it.

DPF was done, new egr valve, glow plug, turbo solenoid, alternator, battery ... I have gotten to the point where there isn't any check engine or dpf related faults showing up anymore but I do have a "p1351 - preheating relay circuit, relay supplied and plugs never supplied" and "p0299 - Turbo pressure electrovalve control flow too low" faults coming up. The p1351 was probably my own fault as when one plug went I didn't go ahead and replace the others at the same time but the p0299 one concerns me.

I had purchased new egr and turbo solenoid before Christmas and had local mechanic fit it when he was getting the dpf done so I am left scratching my head as to what may be causing it. Anyone any ideas?
mrmcq2u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-01-17, 05:40 PM   #2

People really overlook the basics have you good vacuum levels to and from the solenoid if not the turbo wont boost properly

Instead of telling us about codes it would be good to tell us what is actually wrong IE does car drive ok or is it slow
Old 26-01-17, 06:29 PM   #3
Inactive User

Sorry, it had a lot of work done before Christmas with dpf and in the the new year the refurbished alternator pulley I had done at mechanics collapsed while driving but the most recent issue I had was car getting stuck in regen mode before refusing to start at local petrol station(intermittent issue with car refusing to start was why I had brought car to get alternator done in first place).

Fan was on high rpm when parked after short journeys which Is why I'm guessing it was in regen mode. I'm just after getting car back from mechanic again, he swapped the battery and said that the one I had in was probably contributing to the issue and told me to try and drive further to make sure that the car is able to complete regen but I am a bit cautious of that as I had driven the car fairly far on dual carriageway the day before it refused to start.

I don't think it was the glow plugs that caused the intermittent start issue as the engine was still warm when I got out of the petrol station.

I don't have a vast amount of knowledge in cars but trying to learn and after spending to get dpf done would prefer to get any issues being reported about the turbo sorted to try and prolong the lifespan of the car.

Since getting the dpf done the car doesn't have issues with loss of power but when I spoke to previous owner they said they had it done a few times and I heard that issues with turbo can lead to the dpf clogging faster so just trying to learn a bit more about this and prevent any problem cropping up from it further down the line.
The mechanic is aware of the fault being logged, I don't think he uses diagnostics at his garage at all and he said to drive it away that it was probably just due to turbo being driven with a full dpf for awhile and its not in best of shape anymore.

I have since read elsewhere on the forum that the issue could be from electrovalve or bov, Seeing as the electrovalve was replaced I suppose I should take a look at the bov to make sure its ok.

Old 26-01-17, 06:54 PM   #4

You need to get it on planet/diagbox to read the codes and have a look at live data have a good read of the link below it explains a lot of stuff like how to contact a member with the relevant equipment needed https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...members-83170/
Old 26-01-17, 09:49 PM   #5

Firstly you dont have a blow off valve only petrols have them

Secondly you started off with a low boost code now you say thats not the case its a fan running on and non starting problem !!

fan running MIGHT be from regening but it could also be a faulty temp sensor as above you need a planet reading of codes AND live data of both engine and DPF systems
Old 26-01-17, 11:12 PM   #6
Inactive User

"Instead of telling us about codes it would be good to tell us what is actually wrong IE does car drive ok or is it slow "

"Secondly you started off with a low boost code now you say that's not the case its a fan running on and non starting problem !!"

No. The problem is I have a fault code with relation to the turbo. The point I was trying to get across is the car has recently had a lot of work done to it. There were more faults on it before that's why I was reluctant originally to append symptoms to the post. I'm just trying to learn, this is my first car, had it just under a year.
The fault comes back when cleared, I have been told to basically ignore it by mechanic, I would prefer to try and get to route of problem so it wont cause me more issues further down the line, my trust in him went down dramatically when I was picking parts of my car off the side of the road a week after getting it back. Its too late right now to get some live data for the post but will be sure to append when I do. If responding is too frustrating for you that's understandable.
Old 31-01-17, 03:51 PM   #7
Inactive User

Hi, since the last post I decided to give it a bit longer to see if I can get more up to date symptoms. Prior to getting dpf done there was problems with exhaust fumes in car when turning on aircon, this dissapeared for a short while after getting car back but has come back again. Since the last post I changed the orange rubber seal on the air intake hose coming off the turbo. After clearing the codes it took a few days before the turbo code came back, even though I was testing out the car on dual carriageway quite rigorously at that time. When I got some new glow plugs sent out I took a look around the turbo after taking the air intake hose off. I noticed this hose near the bottom that I have pictured here which seems to have either a large tear or dent on the left side. Decided against fitting glow plugs myself as I suspect this hose is the issue I am having with turbo ATM. Can anyone confirm if this is indeed exhaust hose of turbo, I read that the clamp sometimes needs to be replaced but it looks as though the hose itself is on way out.
Attached Thumbnails
img_20170131_154217920_1485880812800.jpg   img_20170131_154156829_1485880843056.jpg   img_20170127_155345146_1485880890874.jpg  
Old 31-01-17, 05:24 PM   #8

The hose i think you mean at the bottom of the turbo is the oil return to the sump and has nothing to do with boost.

If it was burst you would have oil leaking out but it still would not affect boost at least not until the turbine failed
Old 31-01-17, 06:30 PM   #9
Inactive User

No oil leaks as far as I can tell, the exhaust clamp is probably on the other side of turbo under heat shield then. There might be an exhaust leak as I can see smoke out from the engine when I start with bonnet open. The dpf had gotten pretty bad before the mechanic took it out to get cleaned so I think maybe the exhaust clamp needs changing. I saw on forums that there is a modified Peugeot exhaust clamp as its a common issue with 1.6's might try and take a look for one. Thanks Reliable.
Old 31-01-17, 06:36 PM   #10

Clamps are good it is just hard to get position correct and usually needs further tightening after a few miles once it settles
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in