One of my 407s... - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By danny7147
  • 1 Post By xlineiain
  • 1 Post By danny7147

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-03-16, 10:54 PM   #1

Default One of my 407s...

Well, I guess this could be the section I spend most of my time so I thought I'd show you what I've done.

I bought this 407 for a whopping 800(!). It's a 2007 but the mileage was good. It's got a strange story though. Basically, from what we can work out, it was in Ireland until a year ago, then got imported and MOT'd. It had done 3,000 miles since the import, and sat since!

The interior was dire, we drained over an inch of water out of the floor pan and the carpet had a lovely thick layer of mould.... needless to say it wasn't the nicest of cars to drive the 130 miles home in(!)... but it made it.

Well, the interior had to go. Out of complete luck, a local scrapyard had just taken in an Exclusive and I managed to get the entire interior for 160 (including them removing it).

Out went the old carpet, seats, door cards and centre console, and over the course of a couple of days a remarkable transformation took place...

Now, one thing that I had a HUGE issue with was trying to fit electric seats to a manual car. After reading a massive array of forums, I did something that nobody else had suggested. I unbolted the seat backs and swabs and switched them, which is why I've now got the (one of!) the only manual leather interiors. Sure, the seat backs don't recline, but it saved a mass of wiring

It looked (and smelled!) terrific. Passed its taxi test without a problem and she saw her first passengers at the start of March.

Two days later, I woke up to find that someone had put through the n/s front window. It's amazing how some idiots still think that taxi drivers keep money inside the cars(!) and they stole a Mars Bar and newspaper, causing 120 of damage in the process.

Well, 2 days later she was back on the road and is now the pride of our fleet!

It prompted me to buy a second one this week, an estate, so you can expect updates on that one as work gets underway!
rwb, neecola and arnoldc like this.
danny7147 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-03-16, 01:23 AM   #2

Awesome, glad you managed to replace interior I guess its not a small task, so what engine does it has? Hope she serves you well
neecola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-03-16, 02:09 AM   #3

It was easier than I expected to be honest, mainly because none of the bolts were seized! I'm going to replace the interior on the estate as well... but they both have the 2 litre diesels

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

508 1.6 Active

Old 14-03-16, 02:24 AM   #4

Join the multiple 407 owners club. I've had two, my last one had leather too. Red leather
danny7147 likes this.
xlineiain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-03-16, 02:29 AM   #5

Nice... I saw a red leather set come up for sale on Ebay for a coupe! This one's now the finished article, it's the estate that's now the main project!

I have to admit, the panoramic roof's going to be fun to fix... you can expect a lot of forum posts about that when I get around to it lol!
neecola likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

508 1.6 Active
Old 14-03-16, 02:47 AM   #6

Mine were a 55 plate xline saloon in moonstone with black cloth.
A 58 plate GT multimedia saloon in thorium grey with cerbere red leather.
And my dad had an 09 sw in nera black with black cloth. All 2.0 HDIs.
And now I've got a 508 gt saloon.
xlineiain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in