Noob question alert: How to activate the read window wiper on SW model? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trustme

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-16, 04:41 PM   #1

Default Noob question alert: How to activate the read window wiper on SW model?

As the title says..
I assumed it was activated by twisting the middle of the right (wiper) stick but that doesn't move. It's got the indentations on it for turning/twisting, but no markings, at all.
The rear wiper does work when reversing, when I switch on the option in the config so I know it's not broken, and it doesn't come on with the front wipers.
Am I missing something here? Is it only supposed to work when reversing?

The manual says twisting should do it, but in the manual there's markings/writing on the stick. It's a downloaded manual since I didn't get one with it, but it's the right model, sw.
gijoe50000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-16, 04:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe50000 View Post
As the title says..
I assumed it was activated by twisting the middle of the right (wiper) stick but that doesn't move. It's got the indentations on it for turning/twisting, but no markings, at all.
The rear wiper does work when reversing, when I switch on the option in the config so I know it's not broken, and it doesn't come on with the front wipers.
Am I missing something here? Is it only supposed to work when reversing?

The manual says twisting should do it, but in the manual there's markings/writing on the stick. It's a downloaded manual since I didn't get one with it, but it's the right model, sw.
it sounds like someone has fitted the wrong comms unit, if you could take a pic of the wiper stalk and upload it for me to confirm for you
Old 11-11-16, 04:56 PM   #3

That's what I was wondering too.. :-)
Here's a pic. The main interface is the orange display, 6 button one, 2006 se model.

http://imgur.com/a/zSnAo

Old 11-11-16, 05:04 PM   #4

Ah yes, I was looking at a few comm units there on ebay and I saw the two different versions!

I'm guessing there was a lot done to the car over the years, still some things to get sorted too, cracked gear mount, esp sensor, timing belt etc.. but I got it for 450 with the belt kit (w/pump etc) so I don't really mind.

I'm the type of person who gets a little bit excited when something breaks, because I get an excuse to mess with it. :-)
Old 11-11-16, 05:23 PM   #5

Quote:
That's what I was wondering too.. :-)
Here's a pic. The main interface is the orange display, 6 button one, 2006 se model.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
that switch dont have a rear wiper
Old 11-11-16, 05:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Ah yes, I was looking at a few comm units there on ebay and I saw the two different versions!

I'm guessing there was a lot done to the car over the years, still some things to get sorted too, cracked gear mount, esp sensor, timing belt etc.. but I got it for 450 with the belt kit (w/pump etc) so I don't really mind.

I'm the type of person who gets a little bit excited when something breaks, because I get an excuse to mess with it. :-)
your esp fault could be down to wrong comms unit fitted or angle sensor needing calibrating
gijoe50000 likes this.
Old 11-11-16, 06:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post
your esp fault could be down to wrong comms unit fitted or angle sensor needing calibrating
That might make sense alright, nice one!
I'll look into it. Might try to pick up a scrapped comm unit somewhere when I get a chance. I probably wouldn't have thought of someone installing the wrong comm unit until you said it, but it seems to be the case. The last owner probably picked it up for cheap somewhere..
Don't know what an angle sensor is but I'll go and do a bit of research there now.

Thanks again!
Old 11-11-16, 06:42 PM   #8

Quote:
That might make sense alright, nice one!
I'll look into it. Might try to pick up a scrapped comm unit somewhere when I get a chance. I probably wouldn't have thought of someone installing the wrong comm unit until you said it, but it seems to be the case. The last owner probably picked it up for cheap somewhere..
Don't know what an angle sensor is but I'll go and do a bit of research there now.

Thanks again!
the esp has a level sensor to check the level of the car when turning and it also uses the abs sensors to know the speed of each wheel as well has have a sensor in the comms unit to know the angle of the steering wheel, it can then apply brakes on individual wheels to help the car round corners instead of loosing control of the car
Old 11-11-16, 06:43 PM   #9

also when changing the angle sensor (comms unit) they need calibrating to the car with a computer
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in