Noizy engine after dpf/cat removal - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-15, 06:16 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Noizy engine after dpf/cat removal

I bought a tuning file from hdi tuning after two other tuning files gave me big problems, after i installed the hdi file everything is fine but i notice there is alot more noize after i removed the catalytic converter and im thinking about putting on a silencer.

I wonder if anyone else has tried and what kind of silencer is best, i want too put it in the middle of the exhaust pipe so i get down the noize level inside my car.
I have a local shop that sells silencer and they got two types one with hole straight through and the other got a piece in the middle with four tracks and i wonder whats the best option but i can buy from ebay if someone know of a good one.

Hope someone can help, i also wonder if anyone know where they sell the dpf delete pipe for 1.6hdi i really want one.
Pug407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-15, 09:59 AM   #2

If your DPF has been gutted its probably resonating inside the case a pipe in place of the DPF might be enough to silence it.
Old 04-10-15, 11:11 AM   #3
Inactive User

Yes it could be it was very noticeable after i removed the cat from the box, i think i will look for a delete pipe or make one bye cutting off the connectors on the dpf/cat box.
Im still thinking off adding a silencer because i like to keep the noize level down, thank you for the help :-)

Old 04-10-15, 12:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug407sw View Post
I bought a tuning file from hdi tuning after two other tuning files gave me big problems, after i installed the hdi file everything is fine but i notice there is alot more noize after i removed the catalytic converter and im thinking about putting on a silencer.

I wonder if anyone else has tried and what kind of silencer is best, i want too put it in the middle of the exhaust pipe so i get down the noize level inside my car.
I have a local shop that sells silencer and they got two types one with hole straight through and the other got a piece in the middle with four tracks and i wonder whats the best option but i can buy from ebay if someone know of a good one.

Hope someone can help, i also wonder if anyone know where they sell the dpf delete pipe for 1.6hdi i really want one.
i would not fit a dpf delete pipe as you will fail mot and what happens if your in a crash or you get pulled and inspected at road side
Old 04-10-15, 03:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustme View Post
i would not fit a dpf delete pipe as you will fail mot and what happens if your in a crash or you get pulled and inspected at road side
in Norway?
Old 04-10-15, 04:48 PM   #6
Inactive User

In Norway nothing would happen they would never check if it has a delete pipe or understand that something was different at a road test, in our MOT the have gas test but its only 3 gas analysis and it does not affect my current setup.

I work in a garage and the gas analysis is only done if cars smoke alot, got engine light or rough idle, i would never need a gas test because i can do my own mot test and it will be checked bye another worker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in