Newbie needing help please - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-11, 01:58 PM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation Newbie needing help please

Hi folks

Iím after some advice from you who have owned Peugeots for a while now and have the experience and knowledge about the car.

I have just purchased a Peugeot 407 although I am not due to pick it up until after the bank holiday as I am away working during the week.

The car is in great condition and I am pleased with my purchase as this will be the first time I have ever owned a Peugeot before.

My problem is that although the vehicle comes with 2 keys one is falling apart and although it still works it could do with a new casing.

I have been onto eBay as you do and there are lots of them on there but I do not know which to go for, I have asked a few eBay sellers some questions and im getting the following answers?

1. Does the key fob have a light or trunk opening in the centre button?
2. Does the blade have a groove down the side or is it like the Citroen blade?
3. Does the battery sit on the circuit board or is it in the case if in the case has it got a battery clip?
4. Is it a flip type or not?

The reason I am asking is because although I have seen the car and the keys but I just do not know the answers to the above although I do know that it is a flip type key with 3 buttons.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated and im just glad that I found this forum.

Thank you in advance.

Frank

P.S i have done a search in google but got mixed answers and was no further forward so thought i would ask the experienced people.
south407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-05-11, 03:44 PM   #2
jmkent

I'm afraid I can't give you the deffinitive answer, but I too have looked to get a new casing, and was put off by the differennt designs, not from the outside, but when you see pics of the inside.... I have wandered if it really makes any difference at all when all we want is the case
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-05-11, 06:19 PM   #3
Inactive User

Ive just swapped the insides from and its a very easy job.

Buy one fo these and its dead easy from there.

Heres the how to>

sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 23-05-11, 08:51 PM   #4
davidireland

Answers,
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-11, 10:15 AM   #5
Inactive User

Thank you all for your answers and your help.

Iím not sure im any further forward although looking at the pictures above it would seem that they key blade is the same as a Citroen one that is listed on eBay.

3. Does the battery sit on the circuit board or is it in the case if in the case has it got a battery clip?

Answers,
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes

south407 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-11, 10:54 AM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by south407 View Post
Thank you all for your answers and your help.

Iím not sure im any further forward although looking at the pictures above it would seem that they key blade is the same as a Citroen one that is listed on eBay.

Answers,
1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes

1) Yes it does
2) The blade looks like the one in the pic minus the unique groove that opens your car.
3) Batt sits on teh circuit board
4) It is a flip but you cant fix this if broken but anew fob will be working and flip perfectly.

You just prise the end furthest from the blade open then swap the insides over. Very easy
sebasteeno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in