New 407 SW owner help needed - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-11, 04:15 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default New 407 SW owner help needed

Hi folks, just purchased a nice 407 sw se. Must say I am really impressed with the car. I have had the new accord ctdi estate, mondeo ghia x estate and most recent a vectra estate.

I can say that this is better than any of them. It is a 2ltr petrol model with se trim but still has alot of kit.

There are a few things not normal with it though at the moment. One was teh tailgate window would not open but i fixed that. The wire was not connected and motor was loose. Who decided to put it there where there is no possible way to insert the connector?.

The problems so far are

1. headlight washers not working(dont know how often they spray or when they are supposed to)

2. The windscreen washer does not work from pulling the lever. Instead you turn the lever for the rear wash and it puts the fronts on.

3. The rear wash does not work.

Very minor things i know but thought I would ask for help and see if anyone knows whats up.

Also I only received 1 key for this car. I can get another key uncut with fob and circuit board brand new for 50. Anyone stay in Scotland near Perth that could program it for me?.

kind regards
Paul

Last edited by paul2cr; 04-06-11 at 06:07 PM.
paul2cr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-11, 06:51 PM   #2
jmkent

I used to have the dodgey wipers on my 306, sometimes you pull towards you and the rear would operate. Switching the car off and on again and all seemed well again, for a while. I put it down to dodgey contacts within the stalk control itself... and it would probably explain why the rear washer isn't working too.

As for headlight washers, haven't got them on my SE, so don't know.... but when I had the Volvo they would operate when washing the front screen, so could all be linked to your stalk problems.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-11, 05:59 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hi, thanks for that. Must be a fault with the stalk as you said. Irritating little things.

Found another couple of faults wiht the car after another drive today.

The rear window hatch keeps popping open when i unlock the car or sometimes just when stopped.

The armrest pops open setting off the alarm as the hook has snapped or something.

The cruise control sometimes just shuts off for no reason.

Last but not least the orange monochrome display keeps playing up. It will work when u get in the car but after a while it will go dim adn only have a bright line and some text missing.

Any advice or help on this?. Is it hard to take the indicator stalk off to check it or take the screen out to check. Also what about parts for the tailgate and the armrest?.
paul2cr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-11, 06:08 PM   #4

Any warranty ? can you take it back to fix faults or private sale?
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-11, 06:09 PM   #5
jmkent

That is quite a list there

Rear window hatch - I'd check the little switch located under the handle for this, and clean/check all contacts. I've read on here somewhere else that they tend to cause problems, and also read that you could disconnect it and just use the button on the remote if necessary?

Armrest - try a scrappy first, but I see there are some on eBay. I wouldn't think there is much holding it on though. Try removing it and at least that will stop the alarm problems.

Cruise control - something must be triggering the cruise control to switch off, could be one of a number of reasons: faulty stalk control, brake switch, clutch switch, any one could be sending a signal which would deactivate it.

Display - search these forums, there are threads about the display and known faults with them, which I believe a number of owners would have had done under warranty if they took it back. Don't think its cheap to fix though if you buy new - s/hand sat nav version on eBay on at 3501

As for removing the stalk, I don't know, but after reading on the 307 area
how to do that, by disconnecting air bag and removing wheel, I imagine if the 407 is the same then it isn't a job for the amateur mechanic, not knowing what your skills are.
Old 07-06-11, 07:32 PM   #6
CAB

The wiper fault and cruise fault could possibly be down to a faulty comms unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in