Need help checking if a clutch fits my 1.6hdi - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-10-15, 06:15 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Need help checking if a clutch fits my 1.6hdi

Hi, i got a good offer on a low mileage flywheel with clutch from a 90bhp 1.6hdi that has single mass flywheel and i wonder if anyone has servicebox and can check if it will fit my 1.6hdi 9HZ dv6ted4 with be4r transmission?

Here is vin on the donor car:
VF3GB9HWC96232337
Pug407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-10-15, 07:05 PM   #2

Is the 1600 a dual mass?
If so I'd be tempted to stick with a dual mass. The rest of the car is designed with one in mind.
Not to put you off, but the mechanic I use got a Mondeo trailered in to see him. It just stopped with a bang apparently.
He took it apart to find the crank had snapped. Apparently a potential side effect of smf kits.
Not to mention sensors dying because of extra vibrations, also heard of gearbox bellhousings cracking.
So to save 100 might end up costing a lot more.
Old 28-10-15, 07:23 PM   #3
Inactive User

I have used single mass conversion on many cars without any issue, the fact is that its a really bad design and it only remove about 10% vibration.
I am a car mechanic and through the chain i work in we have sold thousands off single mass conversion and they would stop selling them if they damage the car as it has 3 year warranty.
In my case a new dmf would be worse because i have mapped the car and removed cat/dpf and egr all this power will cause a new dmf to fail in a short while if i dont drive like an old man.

My dmf is getting real bad the vibration in my clutch pedal is getting worse by the day so i use my second car now.
Pug407sw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in