My first PP2000 report - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-11-16, 03:04 PM   #1

Default My first PP2000 report

So my Lexia3 kit arrived this morning and I plugged in my old crappy laptop that I undusted and repaired for the process.
I installed PP2000 and done some messing around and ran my first scan for faults.

Would anyone mind having a quick look at the codes and let me know if I'm on the right track with PP2000, please? You know, if any of the fault codes are known issue, things to disregard, or "Sh*t don't drive it until that's fixed".. etc.. :-)

I don't expect anyone to write me an essay or anything, just anything that springs to mind.

And perhaps thoughts on anything else I can do in PP2000, or SHOULDN'T do!.

I'm not totally sure what the previous owner was doing with the car, I wouldn't be surprised if he was using PP2000 too, but I think he removed the DPF and blocked off the egr valve anyway. Would that show up in Peugeot Planet?

Can I, should I, update the BSI?

Advertisement

Old 24-11-16, 03:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe50000 View Post
So my Lexia3 kit arrived this morning and I plugged in my old crappy laptop that I undusted and repaired for the process.
I installed PP2000 and done some messing around and ran my first scan for faults.

Would anyone mind having a quick look at the codes and let me know if I'm on the right track with PP2000, please? You know, if any of the fault codes are known issue, things to disregard, or "Sh*t don't drive it until that's fixed".. etc.. :-)

I don't expect anyone to write me an essay or anything, just anything that springs to mind.

And perhaps thoughts on anything else I can do in PP2000, or SHOULDN'T do!.

I'm not totally sure what the previous owner was doing with the car, I wouldn't be surprised if he was using PP2000 too, but I think he removed the DPF and blocked off the egr valve anyway. Would that show up in Peugeot Planet?

Can I, should I, update the BSI?

temporary faults could be old fault that have been fixed and the faults not cleared so best thing to go is scan store clear drive then scan again
Old 24-11-16, 03:23 PM   #3

Ah yes, that makes sense alright.

The readout turned out pretty much as I was expecting anyway.
Rear bulb is blown, and previous owner said the esp sensor needed to be replaced.

I've learned to take these diagnostics with a pinch of salt since my appliance repair days (washing machines etc..), same setup with plug-in diagnostics. What I mean is it could be a faulty wire, not necessarily something broken.

Time to do some more googling research I think..

Old 24-11-16, 05:25 PM   #4
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

Yep, clear all the faults and see what comes back.

What it tells you is what the computer thinks is wrong. You still have to work out what is actually wrong.

How did you make those printouts?
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-11-16, 05:35 PM   #5

Yea, I'll do that, when I get the car back, it started cutting out on me going down the road, and finally wouldn't restart. Grr.. Waiting on AA to deliver it back to my house in the morning. Looks like I'll get my moneys worth out of the Lexia3 package!

For the printouts I just clicked the print button in PP2000, it took me through a 'faxing' rigamarole and when the printout page came up, for sending, I just clicked Save As from the file menu and saved to my desktop.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in