Mountain Bike in a 407 SW? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-10-13, 04:58 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Mountain Bike in a 407 SW?

Had my saloon now for a couple of years and thinking I may want to change to an estate, mainly because of getting more and more into mountain biking.

Yes I could bolt it to the roof with bike bars etc, but not keen on driving with a bike upright on a car roof.

So has anybody fitted a mountain bike into the back of a 407 SW?
Jase007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-10-13, 05:01 PM   #2

Should fit had mob in smaller cars more so if you take wheels off beware mud though you can get boot rack or tow bar rack keeps car bit cleaner

Roof rack only issues mud on roof not good and drag drops fuel economy

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
border_all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-10-13, 06:40 AM   #3
Inactive User

I have the saloon and fitted a towbar and bought a bike rack for it. Can carry couple of bikes with no fear of droppin bike or crap on roof or in the boot.
407XJR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 22-10-13, 08:21 AM   #4

The 407sw has a surprisingly small boot. I remember just getting my sons BMX into my 306 estate and the boot in that is substantially larger than the 407's (my poor dog will confirm this lol - he barely fits into the 407 and had plenty of room in the 306 - and yes, it's a BIG dog). I'd definitely go with some kind of outside option if it's practical. Maybe, with the seats down, parcel shelf off, and wheels off, you MIGHT get one bike in, but that's probably about the limit.

Course, you could always ask on here if there are any SW owners near you - might be able to talk someone into letting you try/look.
BigSlavey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-10-13, 08:25 AM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlavey View Post
The 407sw has a surprisingly small boot. I remember just getting my sons BMX into my 306 estate and the boot in that is substantially larger than the 407's (my poor dog will confirm this lol - he barely fits into the 407 and had plenty of room in the 306 - and yes, it's a BIG dog). I'd definitely go with some kind of outside option if it's practical. Maybe, with the seats down, parcel shelf off, and wheels off, you MIGHT get one bike in, but that's probably about the limit.

Course, you could always ask on here if there are any SW owners near you - might be able to talk someone into letting you try/look.
Blimey, I never realised the boot was so small. When I sold my old mountain bike, the chap collected it in a Insignia hatchback. Folded down the seats, parcel shelf off and the bike slid in easily with room to spare. Without having to take the wheels off. That was a 20 inch bike.

Hmm....need to rethink this. Shame then vere did the 407 as a hatchback
Jase007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-10-13, 03:43 PM   #6
chopper1192

Cool

The cars interior is not the place for a bike - have a smack and it becomes a large, hard, spiky projectile. Slap it up on t'roof where it belongs.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-10-13, 05:06 PM   #7
Inactive User

i work in a bike shop, the best way to carry a bike is on a tow ball fitted rack with a lighting board, not a cheap job i suppose if you car doesn't have a tow ball but cheaper than changing the car.
dave65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-10-13, 05:40 PM   #8
COLINELLIS

I have the 407sw and the boot area is tiny when you open the lid its like looking into a porthole my 306 estate and all other estates dwarf it by comparison even my wifes passat saloon can hold the Pram with more roof left than my 407
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-10-13, 09:14 PM   #9
Inactive User

I can fit both my partners and my hybrid mountain bikes in my saloon! Take from wheels off, loosen handlebars and they fit right in easy as pie!
kirisute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-10-13, 09:27 PM   #10
Super Moderator

On the roof is the best option, imo. That's where mine goes on the vectra, even though there's loads of room in the boot. As for mpg, yes it goes down a bit, but that's a small price to pay considering what would happen if you had an accident. Instant missile, bye bye head!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in