MAP Sensor or ECU - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-09-11, 08:23 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default MAP Sensor or ECU

Evening guys!!...first post so be gentle!. About 12 months ago i got the dreaded Depollution system faulty error come up, before that my DPF filter blocked so badly that it blew the pipe leading from the filter to the differential pressure sensor. Now i fixed that by jetwashing the filter and making up a new pipe. I also had issues with the EGR valve which wasn't seating properly so that was stripped and cleaned. Anyways thats the history and for 12 months i've been running in limp home mode because i haven't had the time to get it looked at properly.
Early this week i took it to a guy in Chesterfield who was an ex peugeot master tech who did his stuff and said that the only error relevant was a Map sensor error. Now i had bought a Peugeot planet kit and found that error myself i had already changed the Map Sensor to no avail. He said try another one and if not then the ECU is the likely culprit. Apparently the Sensor is reading 120mb instead of the normal one bar ie 1000mb, tried one off the Missus car and still no joy. Can anyone else give me a 2nd opinion before i go and buy an ECU, BSI and key etc...one other thing, how important is it to match the model number of the ecu...for example my ECU is a SID803
5WS40167H-T and i have seen a cheap 2nd hand one on ebay but a slightly different model 5WS40167G-T, would this still work?
Thanks for bearing with me guys but i'm not made of money and don't want to be throwing it away if it's not going to remedy the problem
yonner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-09-11, 08:29 PM   #2
davidireland

There isin't a MAP sensor as such. There is a turbo pressure sensor?
What are the specific faults? ie the Pcodes?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 15-09-11, 08:37 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hi David thanks for replying...i can't remember the exact code and i'd need to recharge my laptop before i hook up PP2000 again but from memory it related to Turbo pressure sensor short either to neg or pos (open circuit)(permanant fault) can't remember which. Both myself and the guy who looked at it for me traced to the (MAP) sensor...i intially didn't know if this was a consequence of another fault...ie this it what happens when the ECU senses a fault and it actually bypasses the turbo pressure reading which puts it in limp home mode with no turbo boost if you get my drift. So wasn't sure if the the error is what the ECU causes itself after seeing another fault?

Old 15-09-11, 08:39 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonner View Post
Hi David thanks for replying...i can't remember the exact code and i'd need to recharge my laptop before i hook up PP2000 again but from memory it related to Turbo pressure sensor short either to neg or pos (open circuit)(permanant fault) can't remember which. Both myself and the guy who looked at it for me traced to the (MAP) sensor...i intially didn't know if this was a consequence of another fault...ie this it what happens when the ECU senses a fault and it actually bypasses the turbo pressure reading which puts it in limp home mode with no turbo boost if you get my drift. So wasn't sure if the the error is what the ECU causes itself after seeing another fault?
its the peixo electrical sensor right next to the air temp sensor if that helps...on the inlet pipe, dosser valve whojameflip
Old 16-09-11, 07:20 PM   #5
davidireland

Yes thats the turbo pressure sensor. I have fitted a few of those. I would check the wiring back to the ecu also as i've had one or two with broken wires in the loom.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-09-11, 04:46 PM   #6
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
Yes thats the turbo pressure sensor. I have fitted a few of those. I would check the wiring back to the ecu also as i've had one or two with broken wires in the loom.
Hi David, sorry i should have said, the wiring was checked ECd there was continuity, is it looking like a new ECU and if so do i need the exact model of ecu as was mentioned?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in