Low on power when temp is over 90C 2.0Hdi RHR 2005 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-05-18, 02:44 PM   #1

Question Loosing power after being on high load for long 2.0Hdi RHR 2005

So folks I started noticing one issue when I am trashing it a bit uphill, after long drives it looses power, it doesn't go to limp mode (when I put it in neutral and press the gas revs go all the way) it basically stops around 2000RPM and won't go over it like really really slowly no that familiar kick and pull even on flats. As soon as I go down hill a bit and temperature drops power is back.

I would need your opinion and so no error codes so far no beeps. What I did notice is that car will start rising the temperature over 86-87 degrees where it usually stands much faster than before, usually when it was super hot in congested traffic then it would climb over 90 but now it happens often. And I washed the radiator 2 months ago so its not it. And it doesn't go over 93 so its not overheating. Only when it hits 93 temperature I notice a drop in power. that gets worse if the car is under load

The car is 100 stock so DPF is working and EGR is not blocked.

I started linking some dots that might not be related so bear with me. I have that soft travel brake pedal issue, and also once my brakes when almost dead when I trashed it hot. It never happened again. And could it be that there might be vacuum issue with the air circulation regulation system so when it is ultra hot car will get low on power because its not getting the correct amount of air and I am linking this to the vacuum pump. Since there are no errors and usually there is no errors with the vacuum. And I found few people online that fixed long traveling brake pedal with replacing the vacuum pump. I was wondering since I have few issues that can be linked to the vacuum.
Do you folks maybe have any other ideas? What else might it be?
Do you have any ways to test vacuum pump?
Can Clogged DPF maybe cause this? (but it doesn't matter how long after regen I trash it will again lose power)

Thank you folks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by neecola; 11-06-18 at 06:41 PM.
neecola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-05-18, 03:23 PM   #2

Hi,

Just a thought, is the temperature gauge really giving the right value? If you use diagnostics does it match what is displayed on the dash?

There are overheat protection maps in the ECU which will cut torque when you're hot, but you need to be really hot for this, which makes me think maybe the gauge isn't showing the full picture.

Temp limits can be:
Fuel
Intake air at MAF
Oil
Air at intake manifold

Steve
HDI-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-05-18, 08:42 AM   #3

Interesting, yeah it really does look like its downgrading the power, hm this is cool I will test it i have that cheap OBD reader can display temperature (so I will check that) But shouldnt it push stop sign on the dash and put some sort of overheating warning if it overheats that badly no matter if the gauge is wrong?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-06-18, 06:49 PM   #4

Hm new simptom, so I was blasting it on the highway and it was going like a charm like really blasting it, and than after maybe 20km it just started losing power so even downshifting wouldn't make it climb revs. But still, if I would put it in neutral revs would climb all the way up. When there was little downhill it seems like it has some power to accelerate but then as soon as it is flat or even slightly uphill it won't accelerate at all.

Then I turned the heat all the way up in the cabin and engine temperature dropped significantly (almost below 80) engine still wouldn't accelerate. After a few kilometars (of easy driving) I turned off the engine and started it back up and most of the power was back.

Now I have no clue where to look, my friends mentioned MAF might be causing this anyone willing to help in this mystery?

I have changed the original subject "Low on power when temp is over 90C 2.0Hdi RHR 2005"

Old 11-06-18, 08:03 PM   #5

Disconnect servo hose from vac pump and try a squirt of oil into the vacuum pump and refit servo pipe incase valve in pump is sticking when hot
Old 18-06-18, 05:10 AM   #6

I have same problem on same engine. Car will loose power when temperature reaches 90c. I tried to lubricated vacuum pump but still no difference in power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-18, 02:49 PM   #7

Well, it lost power over 2000RPM almost completely, so far they diagnosed broken turbo, so the Variable geometry control broke apart so turbo wasn't spinning yikes, will update this for the future

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in