Locking wheel nut??? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gibbo

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-04-11, 05:43 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Locking wheel nut???

Attempting to change my offside track rod end, but the thread on the locking wheel nut is damaged and the key just slips, any ideas on how to rectify this problem?
djste72 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-04-11, 06:46 PM   #2
Super Moderator

You, my friend, I'm afraid to say, are in bother! First things first, take the other ones out of the other wheels incase you ruin the key.

Have a search on here for loads of people, including me, have had this problem. The local tyre place got mine of with an air gun. I was one of the lucky ones!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 21-04-11, 09:24 PM   #3
CAB

I've similar problem at the minute, having a tyre changed yesterday and the fitter tried to remove the drivers side front locking bolt with the car in the air and then yanking several times on the breaker bar resulting in rounding off the bolt. To remove it the manager hammered on the key and put car to the ground (how it should have been in the first place) and then slowly loosened the bolt.
Had to use bolt as I need car just hope it comes out again, now it process of sorting out who pays for the damage.
  Quick reply to this message

Old 21-04-11, 09:39 PM   #4
Inactive User

if he had it and it broke from abuse...its him who has to pay.

when i had a stuck locking nut on my 307 the guy who removed it, warned me it has a high chance of knacking it and he wont be held responsable. i replied go a head and you can keep them im replacing them with normal bolts. safe to say he didnt, as he knows all about put bolts.

john_h is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 31-01-13, 09:44 AM   #5
Inactive User

Default Locking Wheelnut

I found that some person fitting new tyres last year had wrecked one on a rear wheel. On examining one that was undamaged I decided that a a left hand scroll socket would do the trick, but the design of the wheel nut was such that it would shear off when this approach was made but I had no choice but to try. Yes it did shear off so now it's back to my trusty drill.
How can these people at Peugeot sleep at night putting into a simple bolt such an obscene problem causing design...
mouleetfrite is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 27-11-14, 08:22 AM   #6
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjjj View Post
I'm one of those people that doesn't usually post, but I do browse the forums.
I had a problem recently when a tyre company 'stuffed' the locking wheel nut key on my 407 and then proceeded to mess the actual bolt up. Two local garages made it (and 2 others) even worse and one wanted to cut the wheel off.
I remembered someone posting on here about a guy in Reading, I 'Googled' locking wheel nut removal and there he was.
Took my very sad 407 there last weekend and he had all four out in about 15 minutes and no damage. Can't recommend him highly enough, not sure if this is allowed but, http://nelson-haha.com

Jon
hmm you on their pay roll or something? New member, first three posts all same and advertising, fishy to me.

Last edited by Gibbo; 27-11-14 at 12:00 PM. Reason: url changed by Gibbo
  Quick reply to this message
Old 27-11-14, 11:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1vatepiles View Post
hmm you on their pay roll or something? New member, first three posts all same and advertising, fishy to me.
Agree. Why join up to post the same thing on three old threads. Welcome to bansville, population Jonjjj.
fhmboy likes this.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in