Interior temp sensor, humidity sensor, hygrometery.. WHAT? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-17, 12:37 AM   #1

Default Interior temp sensor, humidity sensor, hygrometery.. WHAT?

So this yoke: Servicebox-Sedre calls it an interior air thermistor, Servicebox calls it a Hygrometery temperature, Diagbox calls it a humidity sensor, but it seems to measure temperature!

I'm getting a fault code F702 "Passenger compartment humidity sensor fault" so I assumed it was this and I took it out and gave it a clean, grand job, it's a cool yoke with a fan that always runs and a resistor, I assume it works similar to a MAF. I'm wondering if the little grey plate at the bottom measures humidity..

Anyway, this measures the temp on the passenger side just fine (~20c at the time) but Diagbox thinks it's measuring the drivers side (I'm assuming at's a half-arsed cockup due to French LH drives) and gives a reading of 0 for the drivers side (called passenger side in Diagbox). Goddammit, I'm mixed up now...

Basically I'm wondering if there's another one of these hidden somewhere on the right hand side under the steering wheel somewhere? Since THAT side is reading 0c. Servicebox only shows one of these in all the diagrams I've seen, but Diagbox is giving me the F702 error for a sensor on the passenger side (right hand, driver-side really!).

I tested the one in the pic, and when unplugged it goes from 20c ->0c (Diagbox calls it drivers side). Car has dual zone controls. Maybe the diagrams are mixed up and they're the mono-zone diagrams or something. Think I'll have a root around under the steering wheel someday and see what's there. Didn't see anything when I was doing the heater flaps.

I said I'd stick up the pics for anyone who is looking to change or clean theirs, mine was manky. 70 from peugeot and pretty hard to find online. I used an old credit card to slide down behind the facia panel to get at the clips, from left to right, a bit annoying but doable with some patience and probably easier the second time..

Advertisement

Old 12-03-17, 07:06 AM   #2

Both of my 407s had this code, and everything worked fine. So I didn't worry.
One even had a recurring code for a fault with the front door window modules or something along those lines. Again everything worked, so it got ignored.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-17, 12:24 PM   #3

Assuming you have independent control of the climate control on each side, then there must be two of these somewhere.
But are you having a problem with the control of temperature, or have you just done a check with Diagbox and a "fault" came up?

I had a problem with interior temp control in my 307, and found that unit had fallen off the back of the dash.

Old 12-03-17, 02:32 PM   #4

Yea, I'm not really too bothered about it, I just like to understand the details about the car, I just go looking for problems when I'm bored!
I assume these only come into play when the 'auto' function/button is enabled? Does this auto function actually change the temperature by moving the heater flaps? I'm not sure yet since I haven't had both heater flaps working together since I bought the car. I've repaired them several times but they keep snapping again!

The last repair I done on them I melted a load of plastic all over the break with a soldering iron, plastic welding.. and then mushed and mixed and melted the whole lot together. They seem to be holding now, which is why I moved on to the temp sensor..
Old 12-03-17, 02:33 PM   #5

If it does indeed have dual zone heating i would expect 2 of these 1 for each side but as above are you reading codes and chasing faults or do you REALLY have a problem.
Old 12-03-17, 03:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
If it does indeed have dual zone heating i would expect 2 of these 1 for each side but as above are you reading codes and chasing faults or do you REALLY have a problem.
Looks like we both post at the same time, and I kind of half-answered you above.. lol
But, yea that would make sense alright, I'll go and have a look under the other side and see if I can locate another one. Servicebox says there's an 'evaporation thermistor, (if separate)' on the LH side, like a probe sticking into the heater box, and it only shows one "SENSOR HYGROMETRY TEMPERATURE" (lol) but doesn't show where it goes. Sedre shows this as "AIR THERMISTOR" and it's on the RH side, so I suppose I'll have a look there for another one there.. :-)
Old 05-08-17, 02:04 PM   #7

I have/had the same issue. When i looked on diagbox it was showing 0 C from the passenger side sensor. I got another one from a scrap yard and plugged it in, and the sensor then reported -31 C!.
The driver's side was the same at 30 C but the passengers side reported -31, is this correct? has anyone else seen it reporting negative temperatures?

Diagbox doesn't report any faults on the system any more, so as far as it is concerned, everything is ok.

cheers
xx9982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in