Instead of peugeot usb box - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-14, 12:03 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Craigleather
Cool Instead of peugeot usb box

Hey all just a quick 1. I was looking into the usb box thing but I have a better solution that's more beneficial. I fitted a parrot MKi9100 which is A Bluetooth for phones obviously, also you get the fittings for usb/aux and iphone4. Very easy to wire up if anyone needs help I'll take a picture of mine and post. But the parrot kit is only 115 brand new and the peugeot usb box is 200 brand new, you guys can still get the parrot kit cheaper second hand from eBay... Just though this could help some people.

Cheers Craig.
Craigleather is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-01-14, 11:13 PM   #2
Inactive User

I did one better, looked at the parrot, but thought why so expensive?

Being an impoverished student, I wanted to spend as little as possible, so I found a Motorola tk30 bluetooth kit on eBay and won it with my bid of 37. I got the ISO lead for a tenner and fitted it in a few hours.

I love it, full iPod, great sound quality and in call sound is clear and the mic is great too. If you have an android phone, it will even support text messages too, but not on an iPhone.

Fitting is easy enough if you are competent at pulling dashboards apart, but when you get to this part and the instructions say "this kit must only be fitted by a fully qualified installer" that you may lose your nerve

pr1vatepiles and Craigleather like this.
Sasha94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-01-14, 03:41 PM   #3
Inactive User

Whats the advantage over this guys ?

YATOUR Car Digital Music Changer USB SD MP3 for PEUGEOT: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics YATOUR Car Digital Music Changer USB SD MP3 for PEUGEOT: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
Andover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-14, 04:02 PM   #4
Inactive User

The advantage of a Parrot or Motorola bt kit is that you get full iPod functionality. My Dad has something similar to that in his Alfa, and it's good, but he mostly uses it to play off a 16gb SD card and can browse with the stereo/steering wheel controls. If you have a iPod, you can only plug in the aux (headphone) port, so you can only control the music on the iPod, not on the car controls.

With either Craig's Parrot or my Motorola you can browse the iPod on the unit, negating the need for a holder for your device, and because it's designed for a car, the interfaces are nice and simple, easy to follow, not distracting and things move quickly, so you don't pay too much attention to faffing with it when you should be driving.

Also, you get Bluetooth included in the price, something every car should be fitted with IMO, so you can stay legal when taking calls, and both aforementioned units also download your contact book and (not sure about the Parrot) mine does text messages too, but not on an iPhone.

So you can see what's what, I'll go out and take some pics in a min or a video, and post up
Old 02-02-14, 04:20 PM   #5

Yeah the parrot downloads my contacts to the SD card that's in my blue function box. Can't really fault this unit, it does and have everything I need and use .

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-02-14, 05:17 PM   #6
Inactive User

Here you go, grabbed the iPad and popped out to the car. You'll have to excuse not being able to see it properly because I posted up straight from the iPad and can't rotate the video Stupid thing, but here's how mine works for any interested parties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQLtjBysCvU

Old 02-02-14, 05:35 PM   #7

very nice indeed sean, i will get a vid of my unit and show it you horriable lot haha... obvs my take in music is abit different, more dance/club... CHeers Craig.
Old 02-02-14, 06:03 PM   #8
Inactive User

Haha, I only picked that as it's at the top and I thought it would sound ok in the vid. I can't work out how the iPhone is so good, but the iPad can be so mediocre

Technically, you could use an iPad with one of these kits Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, she doesn't know
Old 02-02-14, 08:12 PM   #9

Here sean check this one out

video quality is bad, need to get a proper video recorder o.O haha
Old 02-02-14, 09:10 PM   #10
Inactive User

Gotta say, I love the uim and the controller being separate, my controller is a bit of a stretch from the driving position (I only say that cos I have a bad back lol) and it sounds great too.

Sorry, for most of the 3 mins I was distracted by the working central display You lucky swine, mine fades after about 2 mins

I had a standard aux in my 307, had to be enabled in planet and I couldn't recommend one to anyone after having one of these; if you are still thinking about just boggo aux, don't! Watch both vids and get one of these, they're just better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in