Installing Pioneer stereo - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By donpadman
  • 1 Post By rorznz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-11-18, 05:22 PM   #1

Default Installing Pioneer stereo

Hi guys,

Anyone managed to install a Pioneer stereo to a 407?

Model is MVH 270DAB.

Need to put in a DAB aerial as well.

Any advice much appreciated 🙂
donpadman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-11-18, 05:23 PM   #2

Someone on my Facebook page has a pioneer system,no idea what model etc tho.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-7304F using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-11-18, 05:48 PM   #3

Just the head unit and aerial mind - not subs etc!

Old 13-11-18, 06:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpadman View Post
Just the head unit and aerial mind - not subs etc!
Oh he went the whole way !!

Sent from my Lenovo TB-7304F using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-11-18, 05:55 PM   #5

Default Installing Pioneer Stereo

Hi, I have installed a Pioneer AVH-2150BT, as you can hopefully see in the attachment. Ill see if I can make a more detailed post if you like, but maybe on another easier site. I'm a little bit behind on working this site.

Things You'll Need:
- Connect2 Interface to work the display - you can get at EliteElectronics in AU
- Wiring Harness to ISO, ISO to Pioneer - Again I got at EliteElectronics AU
- Of course the head unit.
- A Fascia - now I used a combination of the original head unit and the display unit bracket and an included trim piece and just epoxied them together. It's not finished and I need to get onto it, but it won't look too bad when finished. They don't make 2-DIN fascias for the 407. You can find 1-DIN Fascias more easily - or a better approach than mine would have been to make a mould and then just use filler or something. I don't recommend doing what I did because those original head units are worth a bit of money, just not in NZ.
- A 2-DIN or 1-DIN bracket. I used a universal 2-DIN one, but really there is hardly any space so it holds itself in. It's not a great solution and again they do make a 1-DIN adapter, but not a 2-DIN.
- Antenna Adapter - The ones made for Ford/Citroen/Peugeot work. Again I got from EliteElectronics.

How to (I'm just going to point out the major things - I have stuff to do today, but if you want more detailed, I can make a quick video showing how I did it):

1) Remove old head unit. You need two types of Torx keys: T10 for the first two screws - those are those small dots on the HU, later T15 for the rest and the display.

2) It's fairly obvious that you need to cut a hole to fit. It just removed most of the middle and there isn't anything too major behind it.

3) Get all the wiring and test fit the new HU. You're going to need to fiddle around a little, I pulled the wires down into the AC console and it fits pretty well. You could extend the harness and get a much better result.

4) Test the unit and put it all back together.

It's going to vary a lot on how you attack the numerous problems, but I think it looks pretty nice and I'm pretty stoked on the unit I have. Going to add new RF speakers and an Amp for them soon.
Attached Thumbnails
img_0207.jpg  
rorznz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-11-18, 05:12 PM   #6

Wow - this is incredibly helpful. Thank you so much. I feel a bit out of my depth here - might have to go to Halfords. But if that fails, I will try to use all this to do it myself. Thank you so much again.
rorznz likes this.
Old 20-11-18, 07:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorznz View Post

Things You'll Need:
- Connect2 Interface to work the display - you can get at EliteElectronics in AU
Thanks for that info!! Just a few questions, does the connects2 interface enable parking sensor display output? Climate control? Which model is it? That's the important bits!

You can also buy a holder for that little screen which goes up on the dashboard, I can get the part number if you want? Might make the install look more OEM!
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-11-18, 07:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGK View Post
Thanks for that info!! Just a few questions, does the connects2 interface enable parking sensor display output? Climate control? Which model is it? That's the important bits!

You can also buy a holder for that little screen which goes up on the dashboard, I can get the part number if you want? Might make the install look more OEM!
It's all once piece now, and I havent quite finished it. It'll be wet sanded then painted with silver and clear to match.

The connect2 interface is so I can use the steering wheel controls for the display, so it controls the time and other display functions, but the panel below to set the climate control still works as usual.

I havent got a parking sensor in mine so can't answer that sorry.

This is the harness I have: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PEUGEOT-...Z8f7:rk:1:pf:0

So this kit is for 2005-2007 407's.

The connect2 box is the thing on the harness and plugs into the 6/8 pin (can't remember) to 3.5" to plug into the unit, essentially it puts the controls that were on the head unit to the steering wheel controls, i guess if the parking sensor control was on there it'd work, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.
BiGK likes this.
rorznz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-11-18, 01:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorznz View Post
It's all once piece now, and I havent quite finished it. It'll be wet sanded then painted with silver and clear to match.

The connect2 interface is so I can use the steering wheel controls for the display, so it controls the time and other display functions, but the panel below to set the climate control still works as usual.

I havent got a parking sensor in mine so can't answer that sorry.

This is the harness I have: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PEUGEOT-...Z8f7:rk:1:pf:0

So this kit is for 2005-2007 407's.

The connect2 box is the thing on the harness and plugs into the 6/8 pin (can't remember) to 3.5" to plug into the unit, essentially it puts the controls that were on the head unit to the steering wheel controls, i guess if the parking sensor control was on there it'd work, but I'd take it with a grain of salt.
Thanks for that! On the listing it clearly says

"NOTE: This Steering Wheel Control harness is NOT compatible with the above models which feature factory installed reverse sensors."

So I guess not!
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in