Immobiliser / Key fault? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-04-18, 12:57 PM   #1

Default Immobiliser / Key fault?

Hello,
Ongoing issues with a 407 2.0 hdi immobiliser fault. Seems to be getting worse the immobilised exclamation mark stays on the dash. If you take the circuit board out of the key fob and touch it against the barrel the light goes out every time and you can start the car.

I have changed the immobiliser transmitter/receiver on the barrel and have
also changed the battery in the key.

Any ideas?

Robbie
wal18b2s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-04-18, 01:27 PM   #2

I note from testing the battery in the key is not required for the immobiliser. I am guessing this is for the alarm only?

I reckon if the blade was shortened to 1/2cm so it sat to the first line that is cut around the blade it would be close enough to de-immobilise. I tested by manually positioning the circuit board closer and closer to the barrel until the light went off.

The question is why does it want to be so close. Has my after market fob got the blade sticking out further than normal maybe? or could the transponder coil possibly becoming faulty? Don't fully understand the science behind how it works

Robbie
Old 23-04-18, 02:19 PM   #3

As you say - the transponder is energised by the car - so it doesn't need a battery to work.

Could be a dodgy transponder - worth a punt - buying a new key and programming afresh.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 23-04-18, 02:22 PM   #4

The issue is we replaced the ECU, Immobiliser, key using parts from Ebay as the previous immobiliser went faulty too. I don't think we got the master immobiliser/alarm code with the parts. Can I still get a replacement? Peugeot here quoted 250!
Old 23-04-18, 03:05 PM   #5

You need the vin from the DONER vehicle it will be in the BSI unless you messed up and changed it it is best left alone.

If you have the CORRECT vin you can get the pin code using the vin to pin service.

Your aftermarket key case may well be part of the problem.
Old 23-04-18, 07:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
You need the vin from the DONER vehicle it will be in the BSI unless you messed up and changed it it is best left alone.

If you have the CORRECT vin you can get the pin code using the vin to pin service.

Your aftermarket key case may well be part of the problem.
It was reprogrammed by one of the top guys on here from memory. I've found a way of getting the code by dumping the bsi/ecu and then extracting it. I just haven't found what the dumping software yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in