I need a new alloy wheel - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise


Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-09-15, 07:27 AM   #1
Member
 
Pistonbroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Sussex - England
Posts: 75
Default I need a new alloy wheel

When I went to kwik-fit for new tyres I was shown that the inner rim of my alloy wheel has a dent in it ("buckled") and a small crack. It had been deflating slightly every three weeks or so to about 20lbs and this explains it.
It was damaged by a pothole three years ago (10,000 miles) and I also had to have the CV boot thingy replaced and the tracking was done then too.

Anyway they said they would try using some sealant when putting the new tyre on and it seems to be holding (only three days so far)

I was looking into getting a replacement wheel but cant seem to find the one and have no idea what model it is so I can perhaps get a replacement at a scrapper.
Picture of wheel below, from my November (57 plate) 2007 2.0 HDI 136 SE 407 saloon.
Does anyone know what the wheel name model is and perhaps how much a new one would be?
Attached Thumbnails
wheel-small.jpg  
Pistonbroke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 30-09-15, 08:44 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: near Brussels
Posts: 687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistonbroke View Post
When I went to kwik-fit for new tyres I was shown that the inner rim of my alloy wheel has a dent in it ("buckled") and a small crack. It had been deflating slightly every three weeks or so to about 20lbs and this explains it.
It was damaged by a pothole three years ago (10,000 miles) and I also had to have the CV boot thingy replaced and the tracking was done then too.

Anyway they said they would try using some sealant when putting the new tyre on and it seems to be holding (only three days so far)

I was looking into getting a replacement wheel but cant seem to find the one and have no idea what model it is so I can perhaps get a replacement at a scrapper.
Picture of wheel below, from my November (57 plate) 2007 2.0 HDI 136 SE 407 saloon.
Does anyone know what the wheel name model is and perhaps how much a new one would be?
Are there any identifiers on the back of the rim? If there are, I would suggest doing a search on eBay for one. German eBay is very good for getting good condition 2nd hand wheels. Else, its a case of trawling through scrappies for one
britinbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-09-15, 12:25 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
xlineiain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NE Lincolnshire. Up the Mariners!
Posts: 1,943
Default

Hortaz?
http://www.106parts.com/peugeot-acce...-hdi-new1.html
__________________
Not a Peugeot, but a Toyota GT86.
xlineiain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 30-09-15, 12:37 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: near Brussels
Posts: 687
Default

Peugeot 407 Hortaz | eBay
britinbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-09-15, 07:22 PM   #5
rwb
Senior Member
 
rwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Telford
Posts: 1,000
Send a message via Skype™ to rwb
Default

As above, eBay is a good place to look.

You may also be able to get it refurbished (there's a great place here in Basingsoke and it's amazing what they can do). However, an eBay alloy will probably work out cheaper.
__________________
407 2.2 HDi & CitroŽn C6
I'm on the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
.
rwb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-15, 06:44 AM   #6
Member
 
Pistonbroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Sussex - England
Posts: 75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by britinbe View Post
Yep it certainly looks like the one in the picture.
So it is a "Hortaz"
£147.25 new!! - Peugeot are having a laugh!
Thanks everyone.
Pistonbroke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-15, 08:53 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: near Brussels
Posts: 687
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistonbroke View Post
Yep it certainly looks like the one in the picture.
So it is a "Hortaz"
£147.25 new!! - Peugeot are having a laugh!
Thanks everyone.
I had to buy a new alloy for the wife's car....just under Ä400! Wasn't happy with that given that the damage was entirely avoidable....oh, and a new tyre on top. Alas, eBay or scrappies were not an option.
britinbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-15, 12:12 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistonbroke View Post
Yep it certainly looks like the one in the picture.
So it is a "Hortaz"
£147.25 new!! - Peugeot are having a laugh!
Thanks everyone.
Are they the 16" rims? If so I think I have a complete set of 4 with decent tyres on. I'm in East Kent so not too far away for delivery if wanted?
Chris RM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-15, 07:08 AM   #9
Member
 
Pistonbroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: West Sussex - England
Posts: 75
Default

Thanks for that but East Kent would be a 300 mile round trip from the West West Sussex coast.

I only need one (or perhaps two as spare is one of those sh*t spacesaver wheels!)
Out of interest, how much a wheel are you looking for?
Pistonbroke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-15, 10:16 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistonbroke View Post
Thanks for that but East Kent would be a 300 mile round trip from the West West Sussex coast.

I only need one (or perhaps two as spare is one of those sh*t spacesaver wheels!)
Out of interest, how much a wheel are you looking for?
I'm in Sittingbourne so possibly not that far in reality.

Looking for beer tokens so any sensible offer would be accepted. I can email yo pics later on if you are interested?
Chris RM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:21 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.