hub carrier lower bush replacement - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-03-13, 06:45 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default hub carrier lower bush replacement

hello a newby here, i have a 2005 2.0 hdi sw exec with 140k and was looking for a bit of advise.i have a knocking an clunking from the front near side and have been told to change the hub carrier bottom bush as the frip joints have been done recently,i have purchased the bush and was just wondering is it a case of undoing the nut and bolt pressing the old one out and replace? also the new bush has a collar one end should this go toward front of car or the rear.
any advise greatly recieved
jonett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-03-13, 06:57 AM   #2
davidireland

Default Re: hub carrier lower bush replacement

The bushes you buy for the housing don't last for some reason. No one can make a good enough quality one. The whole housing must be got with bush for it to last any amount.
The rubbish ones just press in yes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-03-13, 08:24 AM   #3

I would have the collar/shouldered end of the bush towards the front of the car.
Mainly due to the braking forces from high speeds will be larger than accelerating forces.

Will be interesting to see how long it lasts then
Just remember not to tighten the bolt before the car sits on it's own weight, so the bush is not distorted in nominal position.
205 GTi 2.3/1.9
B1ack__Mi16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 13-03-13, 01:52 PM   #4
Inactive User

thankyou both for reply, i am only replacing the bush as a temp measure to get it through the mot as the money i had saved for the new hubs has had to go on some new tyres and abs sensors first.
thanks for the reminder about the weight being on the hub before tightening i had thought of that but would have prob forgoten as i'm doing the job on saturday and would have half a mind on the rugby
will keep a note of mileage and time to see how long it lasts hopefully longer than the time it takes to save for new hubs!!!

Last edited by jonett; 13-03-13 at 01:55 PM.
Old 13-03-13, 06:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonett View Post
thankyou both for reply, i am only replacing the bush as a temp measure to get it through the mot as the money i had saved for the new hubs has had to go on some new tyres and abs sensors first.
thanks for the reminder about the weight being on the hub before tightening i had thought of that but would have prob forgoten as i'm doing the job on saturday and would have half a mind on the rugby
will keep a note of mileage and time to see how long it lasts hopefully longer than the time it takes to save for new hubs!!!
Keep your mind on fixing the car properly, the Rugby wont matter as we all know your gonna lose so you may as well just have your car sorted

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-03-13, 06:36 AM   #6
Inactive User

Hi trem didnt do the bush yesterday concentrated on the rugby instead
its sad that alot of english supporters have turned on their own team, they have obviously never been to the millenium stadium with 80,000 people and the roof shut its mind numbing for supporters let alone players.england will bounce back just like wales did after the summer disaster.the 6 nations is always unpredictable
Old 17-03-13, 08:37 AM   #7

Replace it today then?

I have actually some knocking sounds myself, but it is only under very hard acceleration. Wonder if it can be this bush too, or if it might be the driveshaft CV joint.
205 GTi 2.3/1.9
Old 17-03-13, 10:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonett View Post
Hi trem didnt do the bush yesterday concentrated on the rugby instead
its sad that alot of english supporters have turned on their own team, they have obviously never been to the millenium stadium with 80,000 people and the roof shut its mind numbing for supporters let alone players.england will bounce back just like wales did after the summer disaster.the 6 nations is always unpredictable
Firstly i have to say WELL DONE WALES, your team played better than us and deserved the win.I DO NOT agree with most of the ref's decisions but thats the game i suppose. Next time we should feild a more experienced team and maybe the outcome would be different onwards and upwards
How's the hangover this morning ??? bet its quiet in wales today because even if you havnt got a hangover, you won't have a voice left either

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Iron Grey 136bhp 2.0 hdi SE .........Written off
2006 Icelandic Grey 136bhp 2.0HDI SE......Written off
2006 Silver 136bhp 2.0hdi SE......Current car
Join us on FB "Peugeot 407 uk"
trem1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-03-13, 06:27 AM   #9
Inactive User

no hangover dont drink? but a little hoarse. i agree that we had the rub of the ref but that is not unusual when any team is playing on the front foot.wales will now go on to cock up the summer games and england will do well
had a go at the bush sunday, but couldnt move the wishbone out off the way enough to get a good swing at it and whwn i did the strut would spring out dislodging the drive shaft. havent got enough tools and equipment to do it on the drive myself i.e dismantling the hub further or removing wishbone so its going to local garage tomorrow and gonna have the abs sensor sorted at same time. thanks for you support
Old 18-03-13, 07:12 AM   #10

Would have though you need to get the part off the car to be able to remove the bush anyway. Bushes that are press-fit are usually troublesome enough to remove on the workbench.
205 GTi 2.3/1.9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in