How to make it stop checking for FAP filter - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-14, 12:22 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default How to make it stop checking for FAP filter

If you don't wont to read it all you can answer only the question: How do I remove the filter from FAP computer 407 so that is not monitored for error in the filter?

Hi there. Like a lot of people here in this forum you may have encountered an error for FAP filter. I asked around and they told me that I had to drive at a high speed and it would be clear. Yes I did but the error for FAP filter is still there. And then I was told that solution would be to remove the FAP. And I thought OK I will and I did it. But can no one told me about the consequences.

Now my car underneath instead FAP filter has two resonant pots. But the error for FAP filter again appears. I was told that I need to remove it programmatically. I called and the say that removing will cost 400 euro and I immediately refused. Then I thought about the whole thing and as far as I know really can cost as much as they say bu this price is high. I began to read how to remove this error om my own. I found some software ECUsafe. Then friends told me about some OBD || cable that can help me to read my the errors . And another told me that there was only devices that have the ability only to flash but little more expensive. The hole scheme is unclear to me. Arise many questions to ask and I hope to answer at least a few:

1. Is it possible to do it alone? (removing the monitoring for the FAP filter)
2. OBD - Can this cable be used not only to read but also to flash the computer?
3. Can I use this ECUsafe software?
4. Where is the jack to which you can connect any OBD cable?
5. This video shows how to remove the error:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5-wrJGqh_c
however, it is for 307. No way to comprehend what kind of cable is used and whether there are any procedures before and after. And the main question I am asking myself is
6. PeugeotBoshEDC15 - What 's that (it is selected in the video above in a minute and 10 seconds of the video )

I'm programmer and graduated electronics, although I've forgotten almost everything because not working this. However, I should be able to handle it, but I don't know even where to start. I need to have a clue so I can look into the things and read more. Sorry if these questions are given elsewhere.
Please help!

Last edited by makkasi; 01-08-14 at 12:30 PM.
makkasi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-14, 12:38 PM   #2
Ginger Magic

Find someone with Peugeot Planet, they can mark the FAP as ' absent ' so the ECU is happy....

EDC15 is the type of ECU, later cars have an EDC16.

Please add your location to your question and maybe someone close to you can help.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-14, 12:41 PM   #3

You will have to get the ECU remapped to remove the FAP as well as using Planet to remove the additive ECU from the BSI.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-14, 12:59 PM   #4
Inactive User

Thank you for your answers! Start to feel not so lost.

I'm from Sofia, Bulgaria not so respectful destination.
So... my car is 407 SW (2006) , 2 HDI, 136 BHP.
Can I be sure somehow that it has EDC16?
Old 01-08-14, 01:28 PM   #5

Engine ECU should have label showing EDC 15 or 16
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-14, 08:30 PM   #6
Inactive User

Yes but how to access the ECU? I know that the port to connect for the ECU is under the armrest but where is the ECU itself?
Old 02-08-14, 09:08 PM   #7

Buy a Galletto cable , read your ECU (make a copy and put somewhere safe),
find forums that will remove DPF , send them a copy , write back onto car.
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-14, 07:36 PM   #8
Inactive User

Is this something that you expirianced on your own? Sorry that I'm asking but in some other forum they sad that it's verry important what model of ECU I have. If would be Bosch there is hope to do it only with Galletto, but if it's Siemens then some very expensive kabel is needed?
And what are these forums. I realy haven't heard about them? How secure is this way?
Old 03-08-14, 11:35 PM   #9
Inactive User

If you have a 2.0 or 2.2 fitted with a Bosch ECU we can help you.

You will need to read your ECU and send it over to us to modify.
HDI-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-14, 12:51 PM   #10

He most likely has a Siemens ECU.

Better just get the fault fixed.

I've thought about fooling the FAP system by removing the filter myself, but no idea if it will work.

The additive system still need to work I suppose to avoid fault codes. But tank could be filled with diesel instead of Eloys though.

Diff pressure sensor needs to stay connected, but to get "more realistic readings" I would think it would be better to have one end in free air, and the other one in the front take-off point on the pre-cat.

As diff pressure never would increase I suppose it will not really do any regens.
205 GTi 2.3/1.9
B1ack__Mi16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in