How low can additive tank go? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-12-13, 06:31 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default How low can additive tank go?

I have done a visual check of my additive tank, I have the rigid white plastic one. There looks to be about 1/4" or 6mm of fluid in the bottom, is this sufficient for it to be sucked out and pumped into the fuel tank?

I accidentally reset the 2nd counter when playing with planet, but it was showing 30.65 grammes injected and first counter was and still is on 152.3 grammes injected.

Not sure what they have to get up to for a low level alert to be shown?

What does each counter actually relate to, I can't understand why they would show different values?

I know the best thing would be to completely refill it, but im wondering about getting a litre for about 30 just to top it up a bit for now.

Don't really want to go spending 100 on a complete refill when there are still several other problems with car:- Suspect steering pump leak(being monitored), intermittent egr fault since I had it off to do the glowplug.

If I manage to go a month without opening the bonnet, then it can have new front tyres and dpf fluid etc!
Attached Thumbnails
additive-28112013-after-refueling.jpg  

Last edited by Richard111; 28-12-13 at 06:35 PM.
Richard111 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-12-13, 09:51 PM   #2
CAB

That's the trouble with playing.

Get a litre stick it in and you'll be fine for a while, for sake of 30 is it worth the risk and putting up with crawling under car to check every so often.
  Quick reply to this message
Old 29-12-13, 01:06 PM   #3
Inactive User

Sometimes 'playing' is the best way to 'Learn'!

I do intend to chuck a litre in and it should last at least a couple of years.

I would like it to do a regen before going much further and I think the fault codes have been stopping that, I plugged diagbox in last week and it said the last regen was 2159km ago, but the average was 1388km.

What im just wondering is whether the 1/4" of fluid I have in the bottom will last for a few weeks until I resolve the other problems or does it get to a level where it can't be sucked out. Anyone seen a completely empty additive tank?

Looking at the injected values again, would I be right in thinking the 1st counter is how much has been injected into the fuel tank since the filter was last changed and the 2nd counter how much has been injected since the additive tank was last refilled?

Old 31-12-13, 05:21 PM   #4
Inactive User

Just had diagbox plugged in and looks like my car has now down a regen.

When I checked readings on 20th Dec it hadn't regenerated for 2159km but now says it did one 26km ago.

The 'Particle filter soot load %' has reduced from 59% on the 20th Dec to 15% now.

However the 'degree of particle filter soot clogging %' remains unchanged at 77%, is it normal for this not to reduce after a regen? Is this a kind of reading of when the filter needs replacing?
Old 04-01-14, 02:21 PM   #5
Inactive User

I have just put a litre of fluid in, got the fluid and filling kit for 40.

I weighed the full bottle and then again once empty and it would appear the litre of fluid weighs 850g, going to work out how many injections this equates to, so I know roughly when it needs filling again.

It has increased the level in the tank by about 1/2" and I have put a black mark on the tank at this point, will check again in about 5000 miles and see if it is going down. It looks like the tank would easily take 2 to 2 1/2 more litres to fill it completely.

I've seen mention on here about removing the filler cap during the reset, Why is this necessary?

In my case I accidentally reset the counter before xmas when playing with planet and have now today added one litre of fluid, I haven't bothered with a further reset today. Will it just sort itself out and continue to inject fluid?
Old 15-06-14, 12:27 PM   #6
Inactive User

I have checked my eloys tank which I put a litre of fluid in about 5 months ago and the level has increased considerably! In fact it is now almost full.

Any ideas on how it has increased by itself? has it somehow taken diesel out of the fuel tank and put it in the additive tank?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in