How to disable 407 immobiliser ? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-19, 03:16 PM   #1

Default How to disable 407 immobiliser ?

Please can anyone tell me if there is a way to disable the immobilizer on my 2006 407 coupe.

I just found out that it is going to cost me a fortune to get my key recoded, this simply because i changed the battery in my keyfob, now from what i understand the BSI does not recognize the key.
I can't worry myself sick that this will happen Everytime i change my battery in my Keyfob or if the key breaks for some reason, i'd rather go without the immobilizer.
stan21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-19, 03:44 PM   #2

You CANNOT disable the immobiliser it is part of the software in the BSI changing the battery does not break the key you must have damaged solder joints on the board.

There are ways of deleting it from the ecu but it will cost just as much or more to do that as recoding the key does coding the key does not have to cost much read the forum properly plenty key info here already.
Old 04-04-19, 07:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
changing the battery does not break the key you must have damaged solder joints on the board.
^^ What he said. IIRC the immobiliser chip isn't technically even powered. It's an RFID chip that works on a certain frequency which is excited by the ring around the steering column.
trem1 likes this.
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-19, 06:50 AM   #4

Can the key codes get wiped out from the BSI ? I can see absolutely nothing wrong with the key injternals after inspected even with a magnifier.

Is there a way i can test the key, what is the cheapest options i have here ?

What happened was that i have taken out the car battery to charge it, now i have done this many times before, and never have i had this problem, everytime i reconnect the vehicle battery the key would work no problems.

So this time what happened was that i went to the car and tried to unlock the vehicle with the fob and it did not work, after synchrionising the key, i could unlock the car via the remote, but now the immobilizer key cross is showing on the dashboard and the car will not start, it will turn over but not start,

I've tried so many times, at some stage it said immobilizer fault on the console along with the key/cross image on the centre led display, the other times the console was just not on.

I refuse to believe that the BSI is shot, i never jumped the car, or did anything strange to it, but it would cost too much to replace it
Old 05-04-19, 08:12 AM   #5

If you disconnected and reconnected the battery without following the correct procedure, it is possible that the BSI memory has lost the details of your keys.

If that has happened, the keys need to be reprogrammed into the car's memory with Peugeot Planet 2000/Diagbox. Boot the PC, connect the interface, and its a 5 minute job. There is plenty of info here on that topic. Car locksmiths, Peugeot dealers, the Planet map or DIY if you want to invest £50 or so on eBay.

Last edited by IanML; 05-04-19 at 08:17 AM.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-19, 10:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan21 View Post
What happened was that i have taken out the car battery to charge it,
Why are you taking your battery out on a regular basis!?
BiGK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-19, 10:29 AM   #7

Hi Ian i have 2 questions:

Is there a way to be certain that my car key transponder is working, it looks fine and i'm sure it's working, the keyfob opens the central locking and everything else, just doesn't start the car, however i do not have planet peugeot so will have to pay a steep price to a locksmith to do this,(i contacted a few locksmiths) if the key transponder is broken, i may end up having to pay for their service just to find out the key transponder is not working. and end up paying more, falling into a rabbit hole scenario until i'm dried out. They might say they can fix it only to find out they can't and i end up with steep bills with no solution, i don't even know if they have the vin to pin for this car.

Or what are the chances that something might be wrong with the BSI ? it did state faulty immobilizer (but the key with cross flash at the same time) so is the computer saying its the key or is it saying it is the BSI, at some stage just the key flashed with cross, i can't see why it should just fail, but if it really did, i might as well sell the car.

That's why i'd like to disable the immobilizer.

Is there no way of fooling the immobilizer by mechanically rerouting wires or do something just to tell the bsi it's ok to start the car ?

It seem like i had not followed the disconnecting procedure yes, but i hadn't know there had to be a special way of disconnection the battery otherwise i obviously would have.

BigK:

The battery needed synchronous charging, i was unaware of that prior as my battery did not reach full charge, and taken out multiple times to charge only to found out at the end it needed synchronous charging which worked, what happened was it would spill acid into the boot, when charged by alternator (drainage plug was plugged out before i bought the car and i hadn't know about it) and the other multiple times i could not find the drainage, eventually i did, Anyway i got the battery fixed it can take a full charge now and it is not spilling.

Everything worked great all the multiple times that i've taken out the battery and put it back in, only now for the final time reconnecting the battery something went wrong,actually i'm not sure if it was right after connecting the battery or if the car had been standing a day with the battery connected prior to this happening, i just know the following morning when i went to the car and pressed the unlock button it did not work, after synching the central locking worked, but obviously the car don't want to start as per this post.

Last edited by stan21; 05-04-19 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-04-19, 10:58 AM   #8

You need to recode your key its that simple resyncing is NOT THE SAME THING

recode keys and your sorted
Old 05-04-19, 05:40 PM   #9
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

There are three systems in the key:
* the blade,
* the remote central locking, and
* the immobiliser

The handbook contains instructions for re-synching the remote central locking.

For the immobiliser the key must be paired to the car using the dealer diagnostic software -- Peugeot Planet or Diagbox. To perform the pairing procedure you need the 4 letter code that was supplied on a credit card with the handbook pack.

When you insert the key the BSI reads the ID46 chip and if the key is paired to the BSI then it 'unlocks' the ECU which then allows the car to start.

PP2k / Diagbox also lets you verify that the 4-letter code you have matches to the one stored in the BSI, i.e., that you have the right code. (But it cannot tell you what the one stored in the BSI actually is.)

Once a key has been paired to a car (specifically to a BSI) it cannot then be paired to any other car. (I have witnessed this on a 207 where we had three keys and two BSIs.)

If the BSI has forgotten the key, or if you insert an unpaired key, then you'll get a message on the MFD and an orange light on the dash showing a key going into a square.

...so...

I'd be looking to get the 4-letter code and get a PP2k/diagbox session to run the pairing procedure. I may also get a new key just in case. (Some branches of Timpsons will cut the blade, but others will be really offended that you asked.)

When shopping for a new key you need to match the CE number that is moulded into the plastic inside where the blade tucks in.
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-19, 08:55 AM   #10

When i bought the car that card was not supplied, is there another way to get the 4 pin code ?

What are the chances of the key ring itself failing or the transponder inside the key ?
will pp2000 be able to point to a problem like that ? (can a fuse be a problem)

A locksmith said i could bring the BSI to him and he can reprogram the key (if this is indeed the problem) but as i understand it, the bsi is only and interface to the ecu where the actual key codes are stored ?

To get someone out to my place with pp2000 is going to be expensive but if that is the only step forward just to check then i have no choice and will do it.

If the key transponder still works and the ignition coil is fine, will the car accept the same key that is now not working or do i need a new key ?

the key casing inside reads:

PA6-GF39K TFUK (top half)

PBTPC30%FV DELPHI 8128 (bottom half)

somewhere inside there is a lone number 2 digit as well.

There is also a serial nr on the transponder board: 67882304

Last edited by stan21; 06-04-19 at 09:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in