Heater problem not quite the usual. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-04-11, 05:40 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Heater problem not quite the usual.

I have what at first appeared to be the usual heater problem of one side not working as it should. Having trawled the interweb for suggestions I decided to follow the writeup by 'kingfisher' and had a look inside the heater box from above. It's the driver's side that is causing the problem so I peered inside. I operated the temperature control while looking at the flap and shaft and discovered that it's still in one piece and still moves on the motor. But it does not move to it's full extent stopping short when blocking off the heater matrix and therefore still produces 'warm' air when set cold. Set the temperature to hot and the flap moves and produces 'hot' air. Now is this because there is an obstruction or is the motor faulty? I intend to take the motor off at the weekend to investigate further. Also do you think it would be an opportune moment to re-inforce the flap shafts. I have some 10mm aluminium angle that I think would be ideal for the job. Fiddly tho'. Just one more thing, only one of the flaps is 'blue' the passenger side, the driver's side being 'beige'. Does this mean that a repair has already taken place? Food for thought.
locodude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-04-11, 01:35 PM   #2
Inactive User

Well I finally got to the motor and removed it. The flap goes through it's full range of movement if moved manually. The motor looks as if the gear has stripped inside and is very loose. I've seen some on ebay, are all the motors the same or are they specific to position? The numbers are slightly different to the ones on mine but looks identical.
locodude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in