Heater flap repair- motor only moves at max and min - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 407
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-17, 04:56 PM   #1

Default Heater flap repair- motor only moves at max and min

So I've been doing the heater flap repair.
On my 3rd attempt now for each side, the damn things keep on breaking immediately! First attempt I just superglued and it lasted about a week, until it broke at a new spot. Next time I plastic welded some little bars "thick paper clips" into the sides, and added a few cable-ties and plastic welded a big chunk of plastic on to the side too. And everything just broke away again within a few minutes.
This time I welded it again and bent a credit card around it and melted/cable-tied it on.

Thing is, that it seems the motor doesn't seem to work evenly. If I go from say max to 28 or 27 or 26 it doesn't move at all. I need to go down to ~21 to get it to kick in. I'm thinking it gets out of sync and then breaks the flap by forcing it too far. At the lower settings it works mostly, it goes from min to 14-15 no bother.

So is the motor supposed to be pressure sensitive? or is there a track-pattern stored in the bsi? Can I reset it by pulling the fuse or some other method?

I've been unplugging the motor and changing the temp then plugging back in, to align the flaps.
Advertisement

Old 04-02-17, 06:07 PM   #2
rwb

Send a message via Skype™ to rwb

Buy new flaps. There's a redesigned part.

It sounds like you're refitting the flaps in the wrong position for the current position of the motor. Set it to high (or low) and refit the flaps in the hot (resp. cold) position.

Quote:
I've been unplugging the motor and changing the temp then plugging back in, to align the flaps.
Although this could have completely messed up the correspondence between where the computer thinks the motor is and where the motor actually is.

Obviously, you can use the same technique to get the motor and computer both to either (but the same extreme.
rwb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-17, 06:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwb View Post
Buy new flaps. There's a redesigned part.

It sounds like you're refitting the flaps in the wrong position for the current position of the motor. Set it to high (or low) and refit the flaps in the hot (resp. cold) position.

Although this could have completely messed up the correspondence between where the computer thinks the motor is and where the motor actually is.

Obviously, you can use the same technique to get the motor and computer both to either (but the same extreme.
Yea, I've seen the redesigned ones alright. Looks like they have an extra bit of plastic on the side. Not sure if I want to spend £80 on them though if the motor is out of sync and it just crushes it up against be heater box!

I think this is probably what happened the first I done it. Once the flap breaks ands you start changing the setting, it's all going to be out of whack. When I was trying to align it on the 'min' setting the motor would reverse a tiny bit and then go the last fraction to the minimum setting, if that makes sense.

When I try aligning at the 'max' setting though, it doesn't move at all, unless I drop it down to ~21, then it does a full 180.
Even trying to align the min setting it was always out by a tiny bit.

Might try and pull the fuse and see if it resets itself?
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in